I-130 Outside normal processing time

Kristana90

Hi all,

My husband(US citizen) and I filed form I-130 April 16, 2018 priority date (Texas Service Center). We did not file I-485 because I am in removal proceedings(asylum application).
Has anyone been in the same situation, how long is the processing time for standalone I-130? it's been 1.5 years and we only got the notice for accepted documents.
We called USCIS a few times, but they did not provide any specific info. IJ is waiting for the I-130 to be approved , so the he can adjust status. he keeps scheduling master hearings until we get I-130 approved)
We also contacted ombudsmen and local Congress representative, but no luck yet.
Please share your experience/advice.

Thank you!

Hi all,

My husband(US citizen) and I filed form I-130 April 16, 2018 priority date (Texas Service Center). We did not file I-485 because I am in removal proceedings(asylum application).
Has anyone been in the same situation, how long is the processing time for standalone I-130? it's been 1.5 years and we only got the notice for accepted documents.
We called USCIS a few times, but they did not provide any specific info. IJ is waiting for the I-130 to be approved , so the he can adjust status. he keeps scheduling master hearings until we get I-130 approved)
We also contacted ombudsmen and local Congress representative, but no luck yet.
Please share your experience/advice.

Thank you!

Processing time for I130 for spouse of USC at TSC is 8-10.5 months, and they should be answering enquiries for cases filed before Dec 11 2018. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/
Suggest you submit a proper case enquiry rather than just calling uscis. https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

Thank you for your reply, we did submit 4 online case inquiries as well, all we got was” case not assigned for processing at this time”

Thank you for your reply, we did submit 4 online case inquiries as well, all we got was” case not assigned for processing at this time”

Ok that’s weird, hopefully the congressman will get a better answer. Wonder if the removal proceedings have anything to do with that.