I 130/I485 status ???

mr needy

Registered Users (C)
hi every one ,
i just wanted to know if any body's I 130/ I485 have any change in status ???wonerd how long does it take for I130 /i485 to get approve and get the AOS interview!!!, RD no starts with msc xxxxx
my time timeline , all application received on 04/13/05,
ead/ap approved 06/07/05,
i 130/i485 :????? waiting

mr needy said:
hi every one ,
i just wanted to know if any body's I 130/ I485 have any change in status ???wonerd how long does it take for I130 /i485 to get approve and get the AOS interview!!!, RD no starts with msc xxxxx
Depends on the district (local) office. LA, Denver, Jacksonville seem to be very fast (3-4 months). NY, NJ, etc much slower. Look around this forum or visajourney.com to get an idea.

Mr. Needy: Isn't the 130 supposed to be processed in 90 days? Have you tried calling the USCIS number and asking them about it (since the 90 days surely have come and gone)? I have a receipt date of 4/13/05 and I did get my EAD on 6/15/05, also did notice an update on my 485 on 6/29/05 saying that the fingerprints were received and processing had resumed, but I have no inputs on the 130 - there is a mysterious update that occurred on 5/4/05 on the 130, but all that the status says is that it should take between 30 and 90 days to process...let me know if there are developments at your end...

hi thanks for ur reply , i had an update say ing the same mess on 05/03/05, nothing after that , i ahd a change in my i 485 on 04/25/05 say ing FP recieived,
i tried calling the 1- 800 no but the wait was 30 mins ++, so i gave up
did u try that 800 no??? if yes then what did they say
if any change will post it asap!!!

Hey guys do not worry about the I-130...

The I-130 represent a formality , it is the petition for a visa number for family base GC . If you married a USC it is approve right away cause a Visa number is available the same time the service center receive the application . If you don`t see an update on it there is no problem , better focus on the I-485 because sometime they get approve at the same time . At the time of the interview before the officer approve your I-485 he would check the visa number availability , also your i-130 and eventualy would approve it if it was before it comes under his adjudication . I HOPE IT HELP....

mr needy said:
hi every one ,

Hi, me too waitting here, you are actually better, my I-130 have never being touched since they received it. what's your Dist. office?

Last edited by a moderator:
Philaug28:
If the approval of the 130 (in the case of a USC sponsor) is relatively irrelevant, that changes things a bit...any known USCIS pointers on this ? For that additional sense of assurance :)
Mr. Needy: The 485 was updated on receipt of FP and continuance of processing with a note that said, it would take lesser than the projected time (upto 180 days) because preliminary processing was complete...that note has since disappeared (aside: how does the status message update without an update to the date...hmm)..so...waiting and watching...
RD - 4/13/05
FP - 6/16/05
EAD 6/20/05
Newark

Mr. needy:
i did call the 800 number and spoke to a rep. ..she said since the 90 days was not exceeded by an additional month, I would have to wait...if she is right, then use 120 days as an outside limit and call..actually, go ahead and call and see what you are told

mr needy said:
hi every one ,

It seemes to vary such alot from case to case. I filed in March 2005 and received my GC in June 2005 - less than 3 months from start to finish.

if I-130 and I-485 are submitted together, they will be adjudicated at the same time during your AOS interview. If they are submitted separately, I-130 may be approved earlier, but if not - they will be adjudicated at the same time during your AOS interview.

hello i called today since it is 90 days i was told towiat for 1 month more, melanie whats your DO??!!!! wow!!

LucyMO said:
if I-130 and I-485 are submitted together, they will be adjudicated at the same time during your AOS interview. If they are submitted separately, I-130 may be approved earlier, but if not - they will be adjudicated at the same time during your AOS interview.

Thanks for that pointer...it seems consistent with somebody else's earlier observation on this

mr needy said:
hello i called today since it is 90 days i was told towiat for 1 month more, melanie whats your DO??!!!! wow!!
So the 800 folks are consistent on that score at least...however, since the dates pertain only to the 130, which based on a few earlier threads, is really linked to the 485, it would seem that 30 days later you might not end up with too much additional inputs? what?

inquiry wrt I 485

Hi guys,

Am a uk citizen married to a us citizen. I filed for GC( I 485) and EAD( I 765) on May 17 2005 on basis of my marriage. received Notice for fp on 8 jun 2005. did my fp on 30 Jun 2005. i havents heard anything from uscis wrt to EAD( on calling they say to wait for 90 days) . wrt I 485 they send me a notice asking for I 693( at teh time of filing the forms, i had called uscis and asked if i have to fill up I 693 too. they said no, this sud be done at teh time of interview). am just wondering does everyone else send their I 693 along with rest of their application. or is this is an indication that i may receive my interview call soon. a quick reply will be highly appreciated.

nirukab said:
Hi guys,

Am a uk citizen married to a us citizen. I filed for GC( I 485) and EAD( I 765) on May 17 2005 on basis of my marriage. received Notice for fp on 8 jun 2005. did my fp on 30 Jun 2005. i havents heard anything from uscis wrt to EAD( on calling they say to wait for 90 days) . wrt I 485 they send me a notice asking for I 693( at teh time of filing the forms, i had called uscis and asked if i have to fill up I 693 too. they said no, this sud be done at teh time of interview). am just wondering does everyone else send their I 693 along with rest of their application. or is this is an indication that i may receive my interview call soon. a quick reply will be highly appreciated.

If you mailed all your applications to the chicago lock box, then you probably got an RFE as one of the required forms (your I-693) was not submitted. If you mailed your forms directly to a DO, the rules vary from one DO to another, they either ask you to submit your I-693 with other forms or ask you to get the medical result when you appear for your interview. I sent my package to the chicago lock box and send my I-693 along with it.

nirukab said:
Hi guys,

actually, i made the same error of calling to find out when the 693 should be sent out and was told to show up with it when asked. However, this led to an RFE asking for the 693. That was back in May of 2005. My FP and EAD was done in June and currently there is no movement on the case. A lot of folks on this site actually submitted all documents (including the 693) at the outset. So, it would point to there being no connection to the interview...hope that helps...

Did you submitted the I-693 after your RFE?
Almost everybody submitted the medical all together because it says so in the form I-485.

good luck,