I-130 How long should I wait for a Reciept?

Jgotem1

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this and I've recently mailed an I-130 petition for my wife who is a citizen of Canada and I'm a US born citizen. It's been 2 months now and I have not recieved a reciept nor has my personal check have been cash for the required filing fee. Is it safe to say that my documents and check have been lost or should I continue to wait longer.

I'm concerned....

Any advice anyone?

What is the average timeline?

Please I don t know if this is the correct thread for my question.
I have two I-130 petitions filed one of them is from my brother, he is citizen of the united states and the other one from my mom she is perm resident, last month i received a letter telling me that the petition from my mom had been approved then Last week i received a letter from nvc and it says that there is no numbers of visa availables and i need to wait until my priority date. that's from the petition my mom filed for me.

Today i received an email from uscis telling that the application from my brother has been approved too, now my question is if having two applications approved help me?? i am confused! Plese Help!

Did you send it via a trackable service? All signs indicate it has been lost. Put a stop on that cheque and prepare a fresh application. This time send it via recorded/certified delivery.

It's been 2 months now and I have not recieved a reciept nor has my personal check have been cash for the required filing fee.

@ Triple Citizen...... Thanks for your reply!

What's truly wierd about my situation is that I reside in Chicago, and I personally submitted my application/forms at the downtown facility. Then I called USCIS they are recommeding that I continue to wait.

Have anyone submitted an I-130 within the past 2 months?

Does anyone have an idea of a timeline for an I-130 to process?

I have good news..... This morning I performed my daily routine and review my fiancials online and I was happy to see that my check has been cashed. My check has a date of 10/2/2009 and it was cashed on 12/8/2009.