I-130 Form - Petition for Spouse

Bubble12

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have a question, my spouse lives abroad and has never come to USA. I am getting ready to sponsor for him. Do I just need to fill I-130 form along with G325A or do I need to fill other forms as well. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Hello,

I have a question, my spouse lives abroad and has never come to USA. I am getting ready to sponsor for him. Do I just need to fill I-130 form along with G325A or do I need to fill other forms as well. Please let me know.

Thanks.

You have to decide on whether you want him to wait at the country of residence OR if you want him to come to the US right away.

If he comes to the US on a tourist visa, he can apply for an adjustment of status (I-485) and also an I-130 (petition for alien relative).

If he stays where he is, it might take longer since he would have to wait until a visa number is issued and he can receive it at the local embassy of his country of residence.

Does this answer your questions ?
:cool:

Immediate Relatives of US Citizens like Spouse and minor child does not need any visa numbers.

Sonny

You have to decide on whether you want him to wait at the country of residence OR if you want him to come to the US right away.

If he comes to the US on a tourist visa, he can apply for an adjustment of status (I-485) and also an I-130 (petition for alien relative).

If he stays where he is, it might take longer since he would have to wait until a visa number is issued and he can receive it at the local embassy of his country of residence.

Does this answer your questions ?
:cool:

I'm in a similar situation and applying for an immigrant visa from inside the US obviously makes sense to me in my situation but I'm wondering if there will be any hindrances entering the US on a visitors visa, given that we are already married.

Totally understand your sentiments, but there are immigration regulations that need to be adhered to. You can do it the right way with peace of mind or you can do it while taking a risk that may turn ugly. The choice is yours.

Doing so will allow us to live together immediately soon after our new marriage. Otherwise I will have to be in the US while she's outside and waiting on her application.

Citizenship and marriage

I got my citizenship and now I am planning to get married. My question is that the person to whom I am planning to get marry, she came to US on H1 visa and later it did not get renewed and now her status is illegal. If I get married to her what is the procedure should I adopt and what are the documents do I need to submit. Also suggest me whether it is advisable to consult attorney.

I appreciate if you can respond asap.

Informlater

What I meant by visa number was the final approval. Yes, immediate relatives do not go by visa numbers when they are adjusting status inside the US.

I got my citizenship and now I am planning to get married. My question is that the person to whom I am planning to get marry, she came to US on H1 visa and later it did not get renewed and now her status is illegal. If I get married to her what is the procedure should I adopt and what are the documents do I need to submit. Also suggest me whether it is advisable to consult attorney.

I appreciate if you can respond asap.

Informlater

I think you would need to follow the same i-485/ I-130 path as other people. There might be a fine for her being illegal. Go through the I-485 form I believe there is a category for it. As far as documentation once again go through I-485/I-130 forum for green card through marriage to citizens. You also may need to provide I-864 (financial support), I-693 (medical for her), I-765 (EAD) and may be advanced parole if he wants to travel internatioanlly.

One question Why was her non-immigrnt visa not extended. Was it a her own decision or some technicality.

vik_b

I am not a lawyer, just a layman treat my comments appropritaely.

Plus, if she is now more than 6 months past her date on last I-94, she is unlawfully present and as far as I understand, WILL trigger 3/10 year ban.

Hello,

Do we have to complete form G325A or just Form I-130 ? Instruction does not talk about G325A.

Thanks

Hi maisflocon,

I am filing I-130 for my wife. I have G325A filled for my self and my wife. Now the question is, towards the end of the form, below the "signature of the applicant", there is a column to enter "If your native alphabet is in other than Roman letters, write your name in your native alphabet below:". Is that for the applicant or some the beneficiary?

Thanks
Ajith