I-130 for Consular Processing

Is anyone getting the form I-864 ready? There are two people in my household, my husband and I, so I would need to have the income for three people! Does anyone know which one of the I-864 is the most appropriate to choose?, since there are many types!!!

paola81, what do you mean by email DS3032? How do you pay bill online? Did the form I-864 and bill come to you together or separately? Thanks.

Help!

My husband is a US Citizen and sent in the I130 around mid October 2008. We received the letter stating it had been received but have heard nothing since. I have been checking the case online and it hasn't been touched since 12/29/08. All it says on the case is;

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

Is this standard...what does it actually mean...any ideas how long it will take. I keep coming across people on this forum who have had approval within a couple months after receiving the initial letter.

My husband also mailed in the I129F form but according the the uscis website the processing dates for that is longer than the "6 months" than the I130.

Any info, help advice would be gratefully appreciated. We have a daughter who will be turning 2 in May and we have already been apart Since the end of August last year. We hope this picks up speed some time soon so that we can have our family back together again.

Birth Certificates in Chennai when birth was not registered

Hello All,
This is a really wonderful Consular Processing thread. Would any of you be able to advice as to where would my parents be able to obtain a birth certificate in Chennai. They were born in a remote village in Tamil Nadu about 70 years back and their birth was never registered. An affidavit was sent to NVC mentioning that the birth was never recorded but then the NVC has still sent us a RFE mentioning that Non Availability of Birth Certificate (NABC) needs to be submitted.
Any idea as to how we would be able to obtain a NABC from Chennai.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all,

Here is my timeline and today I got I-130 approval. I haven't got letter from NVC yet but looking for way how to make it faster.

I-130 sent 12-feb-2009
I-130 delivered 15-feb-2009
I-130 check cashed - 25-feb-2009
I-130 receipt - 02-Mar-2009
I-130 approved - 03/18/2009 (filed for both the parents but one approval came as of today)
Approval letter recieved 03/21/2009

As per my info DS3032 will be sent to beneficiary and me. Can I respond on my beneficiary behalf ? And another question is - in thread somebody mentioned about emailing DS3032 for reduce delay, where to send that info - any email address for that ?

I just wanted to be prepared in advance.

Thanks in advance,
Ras.

Hi all,

Here is my timeline and today I got I-130 approval. I haven't got letter from NVC yet but looking for way how to make it faster.

I-130 sent 12-feb-2009
I-130 delivered 15-feb-2009
I-130 check cashed - 25-feb-2009
I-130 receipt - 02-Mar-2009
I-130 approved - 03/18/2009 (filed for both the parents but one approval came as of today)
Approval letter recieved 03/21/2009

As per my info DS3032 will be sent to beneficiary and me. Can I respond on my beneficiary behalf ? And another question is - in thread somebody mentioned about emailing DS3032 for reduce delay, where to send that info - any email address for that ?

I just wanted to be prepared in advance.

Thanks in advance,
Ras.
click on this link
http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut
follow the procedure on this website

My husband is a US Citizen and sent in the I130 around mid October 2008. We received the letter stating it had been received but have heard nothing since. I have been checking the case online and it hasn't been touched since 12/29/08. All it says on the case is;

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. The I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

Is this standard...what does it actually mean...any ideas how long it will take. I keep coming across people on this forum who have had approval within a couple months after receiving the initial letter.

My husband also mailed in the I129F form but according the the uscis website the processing dates for that is longer than the "6 months" than the I130.

Any info, help advice would be gratefully appreciated. We have a daughter who will be turning 2 in May and we have already been apart Since the end of August last year. We hope this picks up speed some time soon so that we can have our family back together again.

Anybody???

Waisting time

If you guys read all the post from the begining, you would have answers for all your questions.

Just a comment. Reading this thread...I CAN"T BELIEVE the priorities... Immigration law needs to be reformed. Mothers/Fathers of USC getting priority over a LPR WIFE???? It doesn't make sense. We need to get rid of the family re-unification clause. Spouse and kids only. Spouse should be automatic. No long wait. Others on merit. Need point based and merit based system bringing the people we need to fill jobs.

USCIS: You delayed me for 2 needless years in NC for N-400. How about some service on my I-130???

Just a comment. Reading this thread...I CAN"T BELIEVE the priorities... Immigration law needs to be reformed. Mothers/Fathers of USC getting priority over a LPR WIFE???? It doesn't make sense. We need to get rid of the family re-unification clause. Spouse and kids only. Spouse should be automatic. No long wait. Others on merit. Need point based and merit based system bringing the people we need to fill jobs.

USCIS: You delayed me for 2 needless years in NC for N-400. How about some service on my I-130???

I agree with this. My family has been apart since end of August last year due to this! My husband is missing out on a very important time in our daughters life...she is changing every day as she is almost 2 years old. We have been married 3 1/2 years...we never did immigration until now cause we just knew how long it was going to take and kept putting it off as we worked on cruise ships for part of the time. My daughter is a US citizen by birth but yet she can't be there yet as I can't be there yet. Its a ridiculous situation to be in. Yet people that are sponsoring their mothers (no offense meant at those people personally) are getting approval within a couple months. USCIS don't have their priorities right!