I-130 for Consular Processing

Hi! Guys,

I have received the Invoice for AOS and form DS-3032 from NVC. I've just paid the 70 dollar for AOS. What's next??

Thank you guys. I really greatful being a member of this forum.

Saroj

I'm still waiting for the NVC to assign me a friggin case number...i just have bad luck with this crap...always takes forever

Hello Dekagunda,

Mine timeline is like this -

I-130 sent 12-feb-2009
I-130 delivered 15-feb-2009
I-130 check cashed - 25-feb-2009
I-130 receipt - 02-Mar-2009
I-130 approval - waiting ...

and now when I check the status at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp, it mentions that my case has been transferred to CSC. Is there a site link where you can see the status at CSC ?

Thanks,
Ras.

Hello Dekagunda,

Mine timeline is like this -

I-130 sent 12-feb-2009
I-130 delivered 15-feb-2009
I-130 check cashed - 25-feb-2009
I-130 receipt - 02-Mar-2009
I-130 approval - waiting ...

and now when I check the status at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp, it mentions that my case has been transferred to CSC. Is there a site link where you can see the status at CSC ?

Thanks,
Ras.

The only place you can check your status is on the USCIS site. CSC does not have its own site.

please help

hi every body , i hope that my request can be accepted by one of u who has a real heart ,ok my case is still pending in california center from the 17 th of december 2008 i have received no answer till now am not living in usa its my husband who is living there but the problem is that he is always busy and dont have time to call custumer services to ask about our case and he really made me angry of hil so can anyone of u call the customer services in our behalf ? please help me if someone want to do this please write for me so as i can give him our receipt number please help me :(

hi every body , i hope that my request can be accepted by one of u who has a real heart ,ok my case is still pending in california center from the 17 th of december 2008 i have received no answer till now am not living in usa its my husband who is living there but the problem is that he is always busy and dont have time to call custumer services to ask about our case and he really made me angry of hil so can anyone of u call the customer services in our behalf ? please help me if someone want to do this please write for me so as i can give him our receipt number please help me :(

you can check the status of your case online. customer service will tell you the same thing what it shows online.
click here
www.uscis.gov
on the left column you will see case status click on that.

Longer than usual wait for NVC case number

The petition I-130 I filed for my parents was approved by USCIS (CSC) on 2/27/2009.

NVC still has no record of this case. I checked using the automated phone number.

From reading this thread, it seems like NVC assigns case number pretty quickly. In some cases within a couple of days of approval.

Are there other people whose I-130 was approved in February and still waiting for NVC case number?

Thanks.

The petition I-130 I filed for my parents was approved by USCIS (CSC) on 2/27/2009.

NVC still has no record of this case. I checked using the automated phone number.

From reading this thread, it seems like NVC assigns case number pretty quickly. In some cases within a couple of days of approval.

Are there other people whose I-130 was approved in February and still waiting for NVC case number?

Thanks.

Approved on Feb 20th and still waiting...

does anyone know how long it takes to get the interview date after NVC completes the case?

It's very hard to tell because it depends on the location of the embassy that will conduct the interview and its work load (numbers of people waiting on the immigration visa interview). All I know is that the NVC schedules the interview during the second week of each month for the month follows (ex. 2nd week of March, they scheduled the interviews that will occur throughout the month of April). After the NVC completed your case, you can call and ask about the interview date on every 3rd week of the month to check and see whether you've got a slot for the following month.

I know this sounds like it can go on and on and month by month, plus there is no way to (or no one will) estimate the wait time for you. However, the automated system will tell you to allow 8 weeks after your case was completed for further instruction (interview date). After 8 weeks, you will need to talk to an operator.

My mom's case completed since Feb 9th, 2009 and we're still waiting on the interview date. She is in Bangkok, Thailand and I know that the work load at the US embassy in Bangkok is huge.

Hope this will help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, thanks for all advises. I have received the AOS and DS3032 for my mother-in-law. And ready to send back next week. But I have quick question. Can we also mention about my 19 years old sister-in-law? Can we do that?? Please let me know. Cause she is unmarried 19 year, live as a mom's dependent?? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks.

For: Mother
I-130 sent: 12/28/08
I-797C notice received: 01/05/09
Case approved by USCIS: 02/25/09
DS3032 package received: 03/09/2009
Return form DS3032:
I-864 sent:
IV Fee Bill and instruction package received:
DS230 and civil docs sent:
Case completed by NVC:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, thanks for all advises. I have received the AOS and DS3032 for my mother-in-law. And ready to send back next week. But I have quick question. Can we also mention about my 19 years old sister-in-law? Can we do that?? Please let me know. Cause she is unmarried 19 year, live as a mom's dependent?? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Return form DS3032:
I-864 sent:
Case completed by NVC:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:

You can mention that in the DS3032 but your sister-in-law will not able to tag along. Your wife will have to file separate I130 for your sister-in-law.

Hi, I have questions regarding what documents to be submitted to the NVC for DS230 application?

On the web site for NVC, it just says that I need to send passport copies, but obtain birth certificate/marriage certificate/police certificate for the interview?

Is that right, or I need to send all of those along with DS230 to NVC?

Thanks

Hi, I have questions regarding what documents to be submitted to the NVC for DS230 application?

On the web site for NVC, it just says that I need to send passport copies, but obtain birth certificate/marriage certificate/police certificate for the interview?

Is that right, or I need to send all of those along with DS230 to NVC?

Thanks

You have to send all the civil documents listed there to NVC. All documents has to be original or certified plus another set of photocopies. If you go back to the online payment link, you can sign in and print out the cover sheet as well.

Thanks.

Return form DS3032:
I-864 sent:
Case completed by NVC:
Medical Exam:
Interview:
Visa Received:

Saroj Ji,

Tapai merai chechauko hunuparcha bhanne ashale yo lekhdai chu.

I am also applying for my parents. I am at loss what documents to gather besides knowing the standard list. But again, many of us go through the same problem of where to get them or what to get? kura bujhnu bho hola.

can I email you directly, Please ?

Thanks.

QUESTION - If I am petitioning for my parents, does anybody here know if their birth certificates would eventually be needed ? I understand that it is better to have that ready but if it is truly would not be needed at any time then it will be good to know too. Although they have the birth certitificate, one important detail is not very accurate which costs a lot to be modified.

Thanks ! I appreciate any response...

QUESTION - If I am petitioning for my parents, does anybody here know if their birth certificates would eventually be needed ? I understand that it is better to have that ready but if it is truly would not be needed at any time then it will be good to know too. Although they have the birth certitificate, one important detail is not very accurate which costs a lot to be modified.

Thanks ! I appreciate any response...

Yes, they will need to submit their birth certificates along with other civil documents (marriage certificate, police certification, etc.)