I-130 for Consular Processing

Yes, they kept her passport and photos. I just talked to someone whose wife was interviewed in my country also and he said that the procedure is that the consulate will fax the interview notes to NVC to approve it. The approval takes usually 48 hours and the visa is print and the applicant is called to pick it up. It may take up to 7 days. It is a usual procedure. I have my fingers crossed.

Don't worry, your mom will be with you soon. It's just the matter of time and you are so close to the finish line! ;)

Yes, they kept her passport and photos. I just talked to someone whose wife was interviewed in my country also and he said that the procedure is that the consulate will fax the interview notes to NVC to approve it. The approval takes usually 48 hours and the visa is print and the applicant is called to pick it up. It may take up to 7 days. It is a usual procedure. I have my fingers crossed.

fbanna79,
I've being watching your case since the begining and you have no idea how much your posts here are helping me...i'm never tired to appreciate your patience and time.
I'm just curious...what questions they ask your mom?

Three easy questions from the DS230:

1- How many kids do you have in the US ? (We are two, both US citizen) --

2- When was the last time you saw your two sons (6 years)

3. Your son has a daughter, have you ever got to meet your grand daughter ?

As you can see, question were straight forward. Make sure the beneficiary knows what is in the DS230. It is very helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just received a call from my mother. The consulate has contacted her requesting a new police certificate. The one we submitted to NVC will expire at the end of this month. She must show up again at the consulate next Tuesday.

I have just received a call from my mother. The consulate has contacted her requesting a new police certificate. The one we submitted to NVC will expire at the end of this month. She must show up again at the consulate next Tuesday.

hi fbanna, thanks for keeping us updated about your mom's interview.
the police clearance expired because you had it done too early? good luck to you and your mom. hope u will get the good news that she is approved very soon.

GC process for Father in India

Posting my father's case..
It took almost 8 mons for my father's 130 to get approved. I am not sure whats next. Please advice for any tips/actions that I can do..

I-130 for father
-------------------------------------------------------------
April 5 2008: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
April 10: [Day 5 ] Receipt Date
April 11: [Day 6 ] Checks cashed
April 11: [Day 6 ] Online message - Case Received and Pending
April 11: [Day 6 ] Service center - Service center - Vermont
Dec 21: [Mon 7] RFE reply received. My Birth certificate
Feb 2 2009: [Mon 8] I-130 Approved..Finally
Feb 4 2009: NVC Case # Assigned

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting my father's case..
It took almost 8 mons for my father's 130 to get approved. I am not sure whats next. Please advice for any tips/actions that I can do..

I-130 for father
April 5 2008: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
April 10: [Day 5 ] Receipt Date
April 11: [Day 6 ] Checks cashed
April 11: [Day 6 ] Online message - Case Received and Pending
April 11: [Day 6 ] Service center - Service center - Vermont
Dec 21: [Mon 7] RFE reply received. My Birth certificate
Feb 2 2009: [Mon 8] I-130 Approved..Finally
Hi

Can you please let me know what Service center you sent your father i-130. I heard for Vermont service center it takes only 1-2 months for approval for parent I-130? 8 months is a long time. Also which district office (DO) are you with? Please respond.

Guys, I got an email from CRIS today stating that petition for my wife has been APPROVED!

hi r00724
congrats on the approval for your I-130. i got mine approved on Jan 29th. you should have the NVC Case # within 3days. Just call them to find out. Call 603-334-0700 then go through the automated system to enter your USCIS case number then it will give you NVC Case number.But good for you. I am waiting for the Choice of Agent form now and the AOS now. by the way where r u from? i am from delhi, india.

11.11.08 - Sent application I-130 to Chicago lockbox
11.12.08 - Application received @ Chicago lockbox
11.18.08 - Check cashed
11.21.08 - NOA1
11.21.08 - Application at VSC
01.14.09 - Transferred to CSC
01.20.09 - Got the Letter saying that the case is transferred
01.29.09 - I-130 Case Approved:D
02.02.09 - NVC Case # Assigned:D:D

hi r00724
congrats on the approval for your I-130. i got mine approved on Jan 29th. you should have the NVC Case # within 3days. Just call them to find out. Call 603-334-0700 then go through the automated system to enter your USCIS case number then it will give you NVC Case number.But good for you. I am waiting for the Choice of Agent form now and the AOS now. by the way where r u from? i am from delhi, india.

11.11.08 - Sent application I-130 to Chicago lockbox
11.12.08 - Application received @ Chicago lockbox
11.18.08 - Check cashed
11.21.08 - NOA1
11.21.08 - Application at VSC
01.14.09 - Transferred to CSC
01.20.09 - Got the Letter saying that the case is transferred
01.29.09 - I-130 Case Approved:D
02.02.09 - NVC Case # Assigned:D:D

Hi foochow,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan. Thanks for the #, I will definately call them tomorrow to find out the NVC case #. Please keep in touch so we can share the remaining process. You mentioned AOS, are you referring to I-864?

Hi foochow,

I am from Karachi, Pakistan. Thanks for the #, I will definately call them tomorrow to find out the NVC case #. Please keep in touch so we can share the remaining process. You mentioned AOS, are you referring to I-864?

yes AOS Affidavit OF Support or I-864 same thing. keep in touch

hi fbanna, thanks for keeping us updated about your mom's interview.
the police clearance expired because you had it done too early? good luck to you and your mom. hope u will get the good news that she is approved very soon.

The police certificate was from november 24, 2008. It usually expires after 3 months, but the consulate wants to make sure nothing has really changed in her background since the certifcate was established.

GC process for Father in India

Hi

Can you please let me know what Service center you sent your father i-130. I heard for Vermont service center it takes only 1-2 months for approval for parent I-130? 8 months is a long time. Also which district office (DO) are you with? Please respond.

irfnor76 - Its the vermont service center as mentioned on my update. I dont know the DO - but I sent my documents from Austin, TX

fbanna79 or anyone who can help,

At what point an applicant receives I-864 form? I have paid my IV Bill online but still haven't received I-864 yet. Please see my time line in signature.

hi fbanna79
did u send the form DS-2001 with your DS-230 to NVC? I am kinda confused if I need that or not..? Please help
Thanks

irfnor76 - Its the vermont service center as mentioned on my update. I dont know the DO - but I sent my documents from Austin, TX

Thanks for the info. For New York city the normal time frame in parents I-130 is 2-3 months. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck with NVC and Embassy. Keep us posted.

inform question

hi my wife filed for me like about three's and all i got was a letter saying they got my petition and it would be process in ca even though i sent it to vermont.my wife isn't a gc holder who adopted from another country ,she would be able to file to be a citerzen in the next few months since you are allow to file six months pior your 5th year of having your greencard which would help to speed up the process for me.i'll like to long did it take to get and approval notice if you are filing a i 130 form just being a greencard holder ,any1

fbanna79 or anyone who can help,

At what point an applicant receives I-864 form? I have paid my IV Bill online but still haven't received I-864 yet. Please see my time line in signature.

As instructed by NVC, when you pay online you can print the form and send it along with the document cover sheet. They will never send you the I-864 or DS230 forms. At least, I never received any.