I-130 for Consular Processing

Hello everyone; First of all, Congratulations fbanna79! The best luck on your mom's interview! I think everything will go great, you've done every step of the process so properly that this is just the last step to complete the case. Talk to your mom, she needs to be calm and relaxed, she needs to bring all her paperwork (original, photos, mail, phone receipts, etc). Probably you've already read all websites about the interview, but just in case, I found this one:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/interview.html
Please let us know how everything went!
Also, I wanted to ask if anyone has his case at California Service Center. I am still waiting for approval. I haven't gotten any letters after the NOA1. Anyways if anyone knows California's time frame, please let me know. It's been longer than a month now.
Thanks

If you get letters from NVC, your case is already approved by USCIS otherwise they won't assign you a NVC case #. Again, based on your signature, you haven't paid the IV bill yet..$400. after you paid your IV bill, go back to NVC few days later, log back in with your case# and bill#, click on the IV payment process. You'll get a link to print out a cover page and another link to the DS230 form and information on getting the required docs from the applicant.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get letters from NVC, your case is already approved by USCIS otherwise they won't assign you a NVC case #. Again, based on your signature, you haven't paid the IV bill yet..$400. after you paid your IV bill, go back to NVC few days later, log back in with your case# and bill#, click on the IV payment process. You'll get a link to print out a cover page and another link to the DS230 form and information on getting the required docs from the applicant.

She has not received anything from NVC. She has just listed the next steps that she is waiting for in her signature.

Hello everyone; First of all, Congratulations fbanna79! The best luck on your mom's interview! I think everything will go great, you've done every step of the process so properly that this is just the last step to complete the case. Talk to your mom, she needs to be calm and relaxed, she needs to bring all her paperwork (original, photos, mail, phone receipts, etc). Probably you've already read all websites about the interview, but just in case, I found this one:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/interview.html
Please let us know how everything went!
Also, I wanted to ask if anyone has his case at California Service Center. I am still waiting for approval. I haven't gotten any letters after the NOA1. Anyways if anyone knows California's time frame, please let me know. It's been longer than a month now.
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. We have prepared everything to the best of our knowledge and hope things will go in the right direction. I will keep you all posted of the outcome of the interview.

Yes! Sorry! I meant that I've gotten the receipt but not the approval yet! That's why I was asking if anyone knew about timeframes for California!!!

Case approved

My case just got approved today. very excited. did u get anything chakman? Let me know.

11.11.08 - Sent application I-130 to Chicago lockbox
11.12.08 - Application received @ Chicago lockbox
11.18.08 - Check cashed
11.21.08 - NOA1
11.21.08 - Application at VSC
01.14.09 - Transferred to CSC
01.20.09 - Got the Letter saying that the case is transferred
01.29.09 - I-130 Case Approved:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I 864

Q. 8 Q.9 and Q 21

fbanna79/ or any friends, -Please reply

Situation: Total 3 family member (Husband, Spouse, Chil). Sponsoring father and mother, so filed separate I 130 application both got approved now time to file I 864. I will send two separate I 864 forms for my father and mother (as separate application) in one packet. Now how do I count number of people? This is our first sponsorship
Let’s say if I filled my mother first then she will be 4th person. Or if I filed my father first he will 4th.

So how do I count? should I count as (4th and 5th) or (4th and 4th) or (5th and 5th)person at our family. As I don't know how NVC will open the application packet!

Can any one please shade alight on this.

Thanks and regards

Very encouraging

to see lots of people are applying for their parents. I am also applying to send my I-130 soon. I have few questions to be answered. like should I fill GC info, if I am a naturalized citizen. and If my mom is a widow, should I fill my fathers info in the relatives section on I-130.

If any one could answer that would be it for me to send.

Q. 8 Q.9 and Q 21

Situation: Total 3 family member (Husband, Spouse, Chil). Sponsoring father and mother, so filed separate I 130 application both got approved now time to file I 864. I will send two separate I 864 forms for my father and mother (as separate application) in one packet. Now how do I count number of people? This is our first sponsorship
Let’s say if I filled my mother first then she will be 4th person. Or if I filed my father first he will 4th.

So how do I count? should I count as (4th and 5th) or (4th and 4th) or (5th and 5th)person at our family. As I don't know how NVC will open the application packet!

Thanks and regards

Very interesting question. I honestely don't know. i would say 5th and 5th if I had to do it. Others, may help

Congratulations!!!!

My case just got approved today. very excited. did u get anything chakman? Let me know.

11.18.08 - Check cashed
11.21.08 - NOA1

What a sweet surprise. Congratulations and wish you all the best for the rest of process. Keep in touch , my friend.

I have not seen any touch or update or anything. I beleive this is what is called " apani apani Kismat" LOL:confused:

Yet i am not worried because i know there are two things that can happen- one it will get approved, or two, it will get deneid. Now , as I know , it will be approved but when. I dont know but sometime soon. So I just wait !!:)

11.18.08 - Check cashed
11.21.08 - NOA1

forgot to ask if you checked your online status ? is that how you found out?

forgot to ask if you checked your online status ? is that how you found out?

don't worry chakman. you application will be approved soon. i found out online. last night i got email from USCIS that the case is approved. hope yours gets approved soon.

Q. 8 Q.9 and Q 21

Thanks and regards

I agree with fbanna that you should count the total as it will be 5 for both your mom and dad.

I filed I-130 for my wife but still no response. Its about 5 months now so I am hoping to see something this month.. any idea guys? I am a US citizen and my wife is in Pakistan. Not sure if that makes a difference?

I filed I-130 for my wife but still no response. Its about 5 months now so I am hoping to see something this month.. any idea guys? I am a US citizen and my wife is in Pakistan. Not sure if that makes a difference?

If Vermont service center is processing your I130, you'll still have to wait another 4 month.

Q. 8 Q.9 and Q 21

Thanks and regards

If I recall things correctly, you only need to count the individuals that you sponsored that've already become an immigrant. Since, u r filing for ur parents and they r not yet immigrant, it'll only be 4 for both forms for your mom and dad.

My mother was at her interview today. She had to wait for 4 hours in a queue for her turn to come up. The officer verified all originals including my birth certificate and returned them to her. They had her sign the DS230 part 2. Afterwards, they told her they have everything they need to process her case and that they will call her later. At no time, she was explicitly told she was approved.

I honestly don't see any denial reason in here case (Clean background, never came to to USA, no communicable desease). I am just a little anxious as to why they did not tell her that she was approved.

I am not sure if there is any typical post-interview process.

fbanna, Thanks for the update. It's very interesting that they didn't tell whether her case is approved. Have you ever read the information on Embassy/Consulate General-specific interview guidelines? It is at the NVC website (http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3742.html). I know that in my country, after the interview they suppose to keep my mom passport for processing the immigrant visa and she will need to pick it up after 2 days. Did they keep your mom's passport?