I-130 for Consular Processing

It seemed very odd to me. But discussing with a friend of mine, he thaught they are probably trying to get more information on the relationship such not to require a DNA test. My mother's name is on my marriage certificate as well as my birth certificate.

GC process for parent of US citizen

All,

Please let me know the step by step process and documents needed to process GC for my mom. I am a US citizen. I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my mom. I am afraid, it would get deny as I am US citizen.

Please let me know your experience.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Priya

Hi All.
I am a permanentResident.
This forum has been very informative.
I sincerely appreciate if someone could list the documents that have to be filed
along with I 130 for spouse.
As of now, I have the following.
1. My Marriage certificate
2. Marriage invitation card.
3. Marriage photos.

Thanks

The automated system says this morning that my mother's case was completed by NVC. I sent the remaining documents requested and it was received on Monday 12/15/08 . They have contacted the consulate abroad for an interview date.

I am happy to be done with NVC. It took only 21 days from the day I received the first package from NVC to complete this case. Given the minimum 1 month window given for the interview, I anticipate the interview to be around mid february.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Hi everyone,
This immigration stuff is torture!!
I have been on an F1 student visa for the last 8 years. In may of 08' I got married to a USC and need to start filing my papers. I have had some arrests and tickets within the last 4 years that are listed below.

1) Minor in possession of beer...... NOLLE PROSSED.

2) Battery of a law enforcement officer.......... CHARGES FILED/ LAWYER "STOOD MUTE/ REFFERED INTO A PROGRAM WHERE I DID 25 HOURS COMMUNITY SERVICE, ANGER MANAGMENT TREATMENT, DONATED TO A CHARITY/ CASE WAS NOLLE PROSSED.

3)Drunk Driving in Scotland (Birth place)........... PAID A 300 POUND FINE AND DRIVERS LICENSE WAS REVOKED FOR A YEAR.

4)Assault and battery high and aggravated in nature.............. NOLLE PROSSED IN PRELIMINARY HEARING.

What are my chances of a successful green card application?..... meaning, do you think I will end up in immigration court? Is it worth getting an immigration attorney just to file the papers and do the interview or should i just save my money and hire a good attorney to represent me in court. I have spoken to a lawyer and he does not think that these charges should be a problem as I was never convicted of anything, I never plead guilty. Just trying to confirm that this is true. Any ideas?

Greencard for Brother/Sister

Hi all,

I just got US citizenship. My sister is US in F-2 visa and my brother is in India in. Both are over 21 years. I would like to sponshor them for greencard. How long it will take?

I would really appreciate for any info. Thank you.

congrats fbanna79,

i'm glad everything worked out smoothly for you. i'm still waiting for my case to show up online let alone the I-130 getting approved...lol...

i think i'm in it for the long haul

I called NVC today and was informed that they were not successful scheduling an interview in January for my case due to limited slots.
NVC schedules interviews during the second week of each month for the next month. It means that my mother's interview is potentially going to be in February, but I will not know until January 15, 2009.

Congrats Fbanna79.
I got something new today, I just checked my case online it says: "Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case."
They transfer the case to California service center. I am really worried, does it means more delays? do i have to wait another 6 month for California service center to process as much i waited for Vermont?
Gus please let me know what do you think.
thanks

Where do you live ? Does your State naturally belong to California or Vermont for processing ? They may have sent to California to acclerate the approval.

Fbanna, My case belong to VSC, I have been waiting for them to process my case since June 13th. they transfer my case to CSC December 17

Guys, I received approval yesterday for my mom's I-130. Hope everything else goes smoothly as it did for fbanna. Congrats fbanna.

All,

Please let me know the step by step process and documents needed to process GC for my mom. I am a US citizen. I am planning to apply for visitor visa for my mom. I am afraid, it would get deny as I am US citizen.

Please let me know your experience.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Priya

hi priya,

please go through all the postings in this very thread. there is great information.
btw, why r u worried that your mom won't get visitor visa? i dont see any problem in that.
once ur mom is here then it is a whole different process than we are talking here. in this thread we r talking abt consular processing. if ur mom is already here u would be doing adjustment of status (AOS via 485.)

hope that helps.

hi priya,

please go through all the postings in this very thread. there is great information.
btw, why r u worried that your mom won't get visitor visa? i dont see any problem in that.
once ur mom is here then it is a whole different process than we are talking here. in this thread we r talking abt consular processing. if ur mom is already here u would be doing adjustment of status (AOS via 485.)

hope that helps.

Congratulations Badprapan2. make sure you use the shortcuts as I did for your case to be approved much quicker by NVC. FYI, NVC schedules interviews during the 2nd week of each month for the following month. Get everything prepared such to have your case approved by mid january to be able to get a February interview.

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any further help.

Badprapan2,
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Why i am worrying about mom's visitor visa is,
as I am US citizen, there is possibility that I could process GC here. So they can reject my mom's visitor visa, because she may not return to India.
Isn't it?
How is your experience? or you know anyone got visa if their children are US citizen?

Guys, I received approval yesterday for my mom's I-130. Hope everything else goes smoothly as it did for fbanna. Congrats fbanna.

badprapan / fbanna:

Can you share the service center name for I130? Was it in vermont or California?

fbanna79 what are the documents you need when you filed with i-130

do i need a birth certificate of my mom? or my birth certificate?
Thanks in advance

vermont for me.

Thanks - that gives me some new hopes :) . The website for USCIS shows that Vermont is processing Feb2008 cases for I130. This form had all sorts of info about delays in vermont and applications being redirected to California.

I will update if something happens.
Early Nov 2008 - sent I130 application to Vermont.
Late Nov 2008 - Vermont returned the applications asking to submit to chicago lockbox.
Early Dec 2008 - sent application back to Chicago
Reached 12/04
Notification Date 12/11/2008 (Check cached about the same time).