I-130 for Consular Processing

FYI: I couldn't get the invoice number over the phone. I was told by a nice lady that they do not have this information in front of them. So I will have to wait for the invoice to come in the mail.

Hopefully I will get it tomorrow or on Saturday.

Other interesthing thing that I learned is that the petitionner can sign the DS3032, reason why it is sent to me as well. I will therefore complete and mail the form when I get it.

I feel like I am learning a lot of new things through this process. I will post whatever I find out for others.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, looking again at the flow chart, getting I-864 earlier is not as critical as getting the DS3032 because DS3032 will allow NVC to generate visa bill and send DS-230 forms. Even if I-864 is approved, they will have to wait for DS230 to be approved to setup the interview date.

Hello fbanna79, that's interesting that you can also fill out the DS3032 instead of the applicant, but since you already sent it via email, are you going to mail it as well? Thanks

I called this morning. They haven't processed my e-mail yet. So if i get the package today or tomorrow, I will mail it back to ensure they process either the e-mail or the form.

Got the I864 fee bill and DS3032 form today. There was no instruction regarding e-mailing the information instead. I called again the NVC and was once again told that they accept DS3032 information by e-mail and to allow couple weeks for processing.

I also paid the I-864 fees online. I have to wait for 3 business days to print the cover page and send the completed I-864 forms.

A friend of mine approached me with a uestion about DNA testing for immigrate visa. Is DNA test required when a permanent resident files for a minor child ?

I sent my I-864 package out this morning, following online payment of the fees. It took 2days for the coversheet to be available online.

Now, I am waiting for the DS3032 to be entered into their system and DS230 bill to be generated (Package 2).

That's great fbanna79, I want to ask you if you sent DS3032 via mail as well?
It seems that paying online for the I-864 bill, saves a lot of time since you don't have to wait for them to mail the I-864 forms, right? Obviously, that's the way to go!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent the paper copy of DS3032 on Friday. I scanned it and typed everything. I wrote my mother name at where it is say signature.

To avoid any surprise, i told my mother to mail her copy to NVC. In case the e-mail and the copy i sent are rejected, the one signed by mother will be accepted.

Paying online is convenient, easy and quick. I paid on Friday and the coverseet was ready on Sunday afternoon. i mailed the paperwork today because I had to wait for my employer's letter.

I sent the paper copy of DS3032 on Friday. I scanned it and typed everything. I wrote my mother name at where it is say signature.

To avoid any surprise, i told my mother to mail her copy to NVC. In case the e-mail and the copy i sent are rejected, the one signed by mother will be accepted.

Paying online is convenient, easy and quick. I paid on Friday and the coverseet was ready on Sunday afternoon. i mailed the paperwork today because I had to wait for my employer's letter.

What kind of employer letter you needed? Isn't apointment letter enough?

I just had my employer write a letter stating what my position was, my current salary and state that the prospect for my continuous employment was good.

Employment letter is optional if you have paystubs for the last 6 months. But I chose to do both.

I just don't want to leave any stone unturned. I know people get RFE for I-864 and I am trying not to have to submit it twice.

FYI: Even though they are supposed to know that I am a US citizen (because I am the petitionner), I added a copy of my US passport so no trainee will ask me for proof of citizenship and delay the file.

hope that helps.

Hello fbanna79, did you get a confirmation regarding the DS3032 yet? I also want to ask you if you had to notarize I-864 form to make it valid? And what other thing did you attached to that form besides the letter of employment? Thanks

The paper copy was received on Monday and today when i called the automated system, it confirmed that the DS3032 was received and to expect more in the next few weeks.

I scanned and typed in all information in PDF format and wrote my mother's name at the signature portion. Hopefully they will not reject it.

Mail to my country is extremely slow. My mother has not received the notification that was sent to here by USCIS and NVC more than 20 days ago. Anyway she doesn't need that anymore.

Congrats badprapan2! :)
Also fbanna79, did you notarize I-864 form before sending it? And what other documents did you attached to the form besides the letter of employment?

I did not. I did not see anywhere on the form where they ask for the form to be notorized, unless I overlooked it.

FYI: The Interview bill was generated today and I went ahead and paid the $400.00 online again. I am hoping to print the cover sheet this week end and mail the DS230 and that will complete my case with NVC.

Congrats badprapan2! :)
Also fbanna79, did you notarize I-864 form before sending it? And what other documents did you attached to the form besides the letter of employment?

Thanks Paola.. Still it is a long journey....consider from applying for extensions of H1, changing H1s ,my employment based GC processing...long journey with INS(USCIS)...sigh...

I have nearly completed my mother's case. I paid the IV fees online last week and the document cover sheet is already available. I am only waiting for the package my mother sent with her photos, passport copy, police clearance etc .... to send the last package (applicant documentation) for NVC to schedule an interview.

It was sent two weeks ago and hopefully I will get it by the end of this week.

good to hear fbanna79...i'm still waiting for my case to show up online...i think you were right about how they process parents faster...i joined another site and have been reading their forums...

a lot of the VSC cases from april and may were transferred to CSC in early november. and those cases transferred to CSC are being processed in 1-2 weeks. So i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle to happen and my cases gets transferred to CSC ASAP. :)

Note that the online tracking systemis not efficient. Up to now, my mother's receipt number is still showing (This case was received and entered into our system on October 9). However, the case is already in the final process with NVC as you already know