I-130 for Brother

sarojaryal

Registered Users (C)
Hi, you all!

I became a US citizen last year and I have applied for my brother for green card. I have sent the application last week. Does anybody know the processing time for this type of case? I have heard that it takes 5-8 years. Is that true.

Can I also applied for my other brothers and sister at the same time? what is the guideliense? Please advise. Originally, I am from Nepal. Thank you guys.

Saroj

Hi, you all!

I became a US citizen last year and I have applied for my brother for green card. I have sent the application last week. Does anybody know the processing time for this type of case? I have heard that it takes 5-8 years. Is that true.

Can I also applied for my other brothers and sister at the same time? what is the guideliense? Please advise. Originally, I am from Nepal. Thank you guys.

Saroj

you can apply to all your brothers and sisters in the same time or separately, up to you. The process take 10-15 years in average and you can go to the department of state web page www.state.gov to know visa numbr availability.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can apply to all your brothers and sisters in the same time or separately, up to you. The process take 10-15 years in average and you can go to the department of state web page www.state.gov to know visa numbr availability.

Can you tell me what the procedures are to apply green card for brother/sister, and what are the required forms for such application?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to go to www.USCIS.gov and find form I-130 and it has also some instruction.

Thanks

Thanks for the direction. After reading the I-130, it seems I only need to send (a) I-130 (b) G325A and (c) the document that proves the relationship between the petitioner (me) and the beneficiary (brother/sister), plus the application fee of $350, to USCIS-Chicago.

The USCIS website does not state too clearly about the steps after the application is filed. I image that the application will then sleep in Chicago until the visa quota becomes current for the beneficiary. Then “something” will be mailed to the applicant to resume the process. Is my imagination correct?

I think that would be $355.00 not 350.

Is anybody can find any premium processing time for I-130. I mean pay extra to get ahead like other kind of visa? thanks. Saroj

My brother applied in Jan 1996 for me and I got the Consulate interview and
subsequent Immigrant visa in June of 2007.

Figure out the years!!

Yes. But there is no way you can do it quicker than 10 years. The USCIS and NVC processing for bothers of USC is 10 years in average. See http://travel.state.gov for the current processing time for this category. Note that, with the tremendeous increase in naturalzatons over the past years, if you apply now, your waiting time may be around 15 years or more

What is the processing time for a parent?
And can you be residing abroad after you file for a relative?
Do you have to communicate constantly with USCIS throughout the processing period or do you just file the form and sit and wait till the year it will be approved?

Yes, you just have to file and wait. Is your parent ouside of the US ? Mine is and I am hoping that I-130 will be processed within 6 months

Yes, my mom is outside of US. I want to file for my Mom and Brother as soon as I get approved but I intend to live abroad for about 3 years at least after Nat.
Do you think that will affect their case?