I-130 First category ( Unmarried Sons ) CSC processing time >>>

MOCKBA1999

Registered Users (C)
I am so confused... Each time I look at California service center processing dates for my category ( First: Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens ), it says July 19th, 2001. I first checked it 10 months ago -- it didn't move since... Any ideas why this is happening and what does it actually mean?... When I check my case status online, it says 'It is taking between 990 and 990 days for us to process this kind of case'. But it's more than 1100 days now =( Is there anyhting I can do? Did anybody get an approval in the same category recently? Thanks for any info!....

they now wait until a visa number is available to you to start processing I-130s. There was a memo about that on bcis website several months ago.

the "It is taking between 990 and 990 days for us to process this kind of case'." does not mean a thing

LucyMO said:
they now wait until a visa number is available to you to start processing I-130s. There was a memo about that on bcis website several months ago.

Then why it suddenly stopped 9 months ago? It doesn't move AT ALL ( at least in my category ). Is there any way I can *estimate* when it will finally happen? I mean, if it doesn't move for 9 months, it can stay there for another 10 years, right? =)

Do we have anybody on this forum who got her/his I-130 ( First: Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens ) approval recently? If so, please post your receipt / approval day. Thanks in advance!...

I am pretty unfamiliar with the processes involved, due to the fact that my father (Legal US Resident) and stepmother (USC) are both applying for the I-130 from their end (California). I'm currently in Australia waiting on news. We started the application process about 12 months ago, and my dad has just sent off forms declaring his financial status. Am I waiting on a consulate interview? Can anybody tell me where this will go from here? it's hard to plan a life around uncertainty. How long does this take?

I Jut moved from F2B to F1(unmarried son of USC) and my priority date is 3 years way past the current cut off date.
Am i supposed to get a visa soon?
Whats this about 990 days?
mus24@spymac.com

my father, a USC petitioned for me with the I-130 in january 2001 and it was only in novemeber last year that NVC assigned me a case number, so it took just under 4 years :eek:

Your clock starts ticking as soon as your father ( or stepmother ) gets a receipt notice from California Processing Center. Then it depends on what category you're in. Check out current processing dates, this will give you some ideas on what's going on in different categories :

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California

My mom (USC), for example, got her receipt on February 7th, 2002 and the current reciept notice processing day in my category is July 19, 2001. That means I have to wait at least 6 more months. As I understand, they update this list every two weeks and I can see that some categories ARE moving. Slowely but moving. Unfortunately my category doesn't move anywhere for almost 6 months since I first checked this website. And it really bothers me...

tique said:
I am pretty unfamiliar with the processes involved, due to the fact that my father (Legal US Resident) and stepmother (USC) are both applying for the I-130 from their end (California). I'm currently in Australia waiting on news. We started the application process about 12 months ago, and my dad has just sent off forms declaring his financial status. Am I waiting on a consulate interview? Can anybody tell me where this will go from here? it's hard to plan a life around uncertainty. How long does this take?

Mus24 said:
I Jut moved from F2B to F1(unmarried son of USC) and my priority date is 3 years way past the current cut off date.
Am i supposed to get a visa soon?
Whats this about 990 days?
mus24@spymac.com

this is what they tell me when I log in @ https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp to check my account:

"It is taking between 990 and 990 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center. National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283".

By the way, each time I call this number and enter my receipt number, the system says 'There was an error, blah-blah-blah, please call later'. And guess what? IT'S ALWAYS AN ERROR :mad:

daviduk said:
my father, a USC petitioned for me with the I-130 in january 2001 and it was only in novemeber last year that NVC assigned me a case number, so it took just under 4 years :eek:

Thanks for the info, daviduk!...

willinghope said:
Is it advisable to remain in the US with stay expired if a parent is filling for you?

The attorney I spoke to said "NO, IT'S A VERY BAD IDEA". You have to somehow maintain your "lawful status" ( H1, F1, etc. ).

MOCKBA1999 said:
Your clock starts ticking as soon as your father ( or stepmother ) gets a receipt notice from California Processing Center. Then it depends on what category you're in.

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

"This case has been approved. On July 27, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. " & "The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS. " (the latter is untrue, no projected time frame on receipt)

But how long now? Once the case has been approved, how long does it take to get the ball rolling? :confused: Will an interview follow soon? (so hard to plan my life around an invisible timeline)

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I130 approved, I-824 how long wait?!?!?!?

Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN.This case has been approved. On September 2, 2004, an approval notice was mailed.

Application Type: I824, APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION.Your I824 APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION was received on September 17, 2004.

Does anybody know how long does it take for I 824 to be processed at Nebraska and assigned a visa number?!?!?!? (They are still at June 22, 2004...,did not move for a couple of months)

Your help is greatly appreciated.