I-130 filed and passed 3 months with no updates

NY2NY

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I have placed a similar question in Oct filers but seems every one is happy reporting their updates, I have filed I-130 in OCT for both my parents but I haven't heard about finger printing or any other update for my case, do you guys suspect any problem with my case as I am nervous as there is no communication from CSC?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I filed only I-130 as my parents are in India and also I would like to know if I will receive the notice for further steps from USCIS or will it be sent directly to my parents address in India?

Thanks
NY

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I have placed a similar question in Oct filers but seems every one is happy reporting their updates, I have filed I-130 in OCT for both my parents but I haven't heard about finger printing or any other update for my case, do you guys suspect any problem with my case as I am nervous as there is no communication from CSC?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I filed only I-130 as my parents are in India and also I would like to know if I will receive the notice for further steps from USCIS or will it be sent directly to my parents address in India?

Thanks
NY

Did u file 130,485 and all the other forms for EAD?. I guess u r doing a AOS in USA, right?

Hello,

Thanks
NY

The posted processing time for that category of I-130 is 5 months.

If you submitted all the required documents, you will get approval notices and the approved I-130s (one for each parent) will be sent to NVC (State Department's National Visa Center). NVC will contact YOU for the next steps of paying a fee and submitting I-864s and YOUR financial evidence for each parent.

After that, then the approved petitions and affidavits of support will be sent to the Consulate who will make further contact.

Your parents (or whoever was designated as their contacts) get further instructions.

Parents will need to make appointments for medical exams and police clearances and show documents as instructed.

Did u file 130,485 and all the other forms for EAD?. I guess u r doing a AOS in USA, right?

No, I actually filed only I-130 and thought to do CP as my parents are in India, What are the other forms you are asking about? Do I need to file anything else along with I-130?

Thanks
NY:confused:

No, I actually filed only I-130 and thought to do CP as my parents are in India, What are the other forms you are asking about? Do I need to file anything else along with I-130?

Thanks

For CP yopu have filed the right form, all the others forms mentioned are for AOS, Upto five months is considered normal for a I-130. Just sit back and relax......

For CP yopu have filed the right form, all the others forms mentioned are for AOS, Upto five months is considered normal for a I-130. Just sit back and relax......

Thank you Namecheck, I was getting worried seeing all other members progress.

The posted processing time for that category of I-130 is 5 months.

If you submitted all the required documents, you will get approval notices and the approved I-130s (one for each parent) will be sent to NVC (State Department's National Visa Center). NVC will contact YOU for the next steps of paying a fee and submitting I-864s and YOUR financial evidence for each parent.
After that, then the approved petitions and affidavits of support will be sent to the Consulate who will make further contact.
Your parents (or whoever was designated as their contacts) get further instructions.
Parents will need to make appointments for medical exams and police clearances and show documents as instructed.

Thank you BigJoe5 for a detailed explanation of the process, it refreshed my morning.

Thanks

You are good, For CP, Only I 130 is needed. You should be getting an approval notice in 3-4mts. by Feb 20th you should be getting an approval, It took 3mts for my wifes dad to get his I 130 approval for CP

You are good, For CP, Only I 130 is needed. You should be getting an approval notice in 3-4mts. by Feb 20th you should be getting an approval, It took 3mts for my wifes dad to get his I 130 approval for CP

Thanks bigbull99, I was worried looking at the statuses in the signatures of the forum members, so, the statuses shown are of AOS (I-485)? To do that the parents need to be in US at that time, right?
I believe the answer is no to this question, I cannot bring my parents in mean time on any other visa till the whole process is completed, right?

NY

Thanks bigbull99, I was worried looking at the statuses in the signatures of the forum members, so, the statuses shown are of AOS (I-485)? To do that the parents need to be in US at that time, right?
I believe the answer is no to this question, I cannot bring my parents in mean time on any other visa till the whole process is completed, right?

NY

Their next entry should be as Immigrants at which time they will have Immigrant Visa Packets that get processed at the airport. Actual greencards will be sent by mail to their U.S. address.

Most folks are reporting the whole process "from filing the I-130 to their relative's entry" is taking anywhere from 6 to 18 months (those are outliers--most are 8 to 12 months). You are at month 3. Relax.

Response from Moderator

It looks like you have received quite a good response from somebody who has experience in the subject matter.
Best, Rick

Hello,

Thanks
NY

Most folks are reporting the whole process "from filing the I-130 to their relative's entry" is taking anywhere from 6 to 18 months (those are outliers--most are 8 to 12 months). You are at month 3. Relax.

Thanks Bigjoe5

It looks like you have received quite a good response from somebody who has experience in the subject matter.
Best, Rick

Yes, Rick. I did get very good response from all the members. Thanks for the forum and thanks for checking.