I-130 Approval without name check?

mn77845

Registered Users (C)
I had my interview a couple of weeks back and was told that there were no issues approving the application except for the name check. I was wondering if I should've received any notifications about the I-130 being approved or any LUDs online after the interview.
Do the I-130 and I-485 get approved only after the name check has cleared?

I never got noticed that my I-130 was approved, even today its still listed as "pending", despite th fact I've had my Green Card since December. The important thing is I-485 approval, I-130 is by the by.

Am also stuck in the name check

But I do see an online update saying - Approval notice sent for I-130. Under I-485 it says - Interview conducted. Case under review. The IO told me that my name check is pending else she would have given me the GC (which I believe is the I-485 approval). I had my interview on 04/23/2007. I still haven't got the I-130 approval notice in my hand though. I just saw the online update. Hopefully the name check will be done soon.

Guess there is no general standard for all these updates. I see from this forum that it varies from person to person.

Am sure everything will be fine for you mn77845. We all do learn the art of being patient here I guess. :)

stbg

We are on the same situation, still waiting for the namecheck. No update on the status also did not receive any approval for I130.

Am sure everything will be fine for you mn77845. We all do learn the art of being patient here I guess. :)

stbg

It's hard to be patient when companies are offering you better jobs if you relocate and the IO who interviewed you said " I wouldn't move any time soon if I were in your place"

I feel like I'm trapped until the damn thing moves forward.

I moved from MA to IL after my I-485 interview but before its approval. The approval notice and card followed me across state lines. I made sure that Boston DO had my new IL address.

I understand well the feeling..

It's hard to be patient when companies are offering you better jobs if you relocate and the IO who interviewed you said " I wouldn't move any time soon if I were in your place"

For me, I just see the Online update, but as of today I haven't received the I-130 approval notice. So, maybe they don't send anything physically. They just update it online maybe. They said they mailed it on Apr 23....Today is Apr 27. No mail.

I recently got my 485 approved after being stuck in name check.. I never got any I-130 approval , just a direct letter saying granted permenant residence alien status. So i think i-130 approval is same as 485 approval..

I have seen some posts where people did get letter saying i-130 approved after the interview even if 485 was stuck.. so it depends on your service center/local office.. but i think i-130 approval does not really mean much if you have applied 485/130 concurrently..