I-130, 1486, I-765, and I-131 sent today... How long to get the green card?

cafesanu

Registered Users (C)
All right, everything is done! I Sent today (September 6, 2008) all the forms to get my residence through marriage. I sent all the forms to Chicago. Now, does anybody know how long in the present do I have to wait?. How long to get the permission to work, how long to get the parole travel permit, how long to the interview, etc. I know it is hard to know how long it is going to take, but are there any statistics or something to know how long it takes in the present?, or if you already applied this year, how long did it take to you...

Thanks a lot!!!

All right, everything is done! I Sent today (September 6, 2008) all the forms to get my residence through marriage. I sent all the forms to Chicago. Now, does anybody know how long in the present do I have to wait?. How long to get the permission to work, how long to get the parole travel permit, how long to the interview, etc. I know it is hard to know how long it is going to take, but are there any statistics or something to know how long it takes in the present?, or if you already applied this year, how long did it take to you...

Thanks a lot!!!

cafesanu,

What a coincedence. Just got back from the post office after sending adjustment of status paperwork to Chicago Lockbox. I applied for my mom and she will be adjusting her status at Boston District Office. How about you? What's your DO? Let's stay in touch so we could compare our timelines.

No problem, I'll tell you when I have any message from USCIS. Just don't forget to write in this post in a couple of months, bookmark it. Thanks!

No problem, I'll tell you when I have any message from USCIS. Just don't forget to write in this post in a couple of months, bookmark it. Thanks!

cafesanu,

That was a good idea. I went ahead and bookmarked this page. Will keep you posted. You never mentioned your location. You fall under which district office, your residence I mean.

I live in New Jersey, the stuff was sent to Chicago, what about you?

I sent the paperwork, I mean mailed the paperwork from Atlanta, GA because I am sponsoring her, but it will be processed from Boston District Office coz that's where my mother is living at the moment.

Al right, I received today the receipts. I received 4 receipts total, one for I-130, another for I-131, another for I-485, and another for I-765. Each one with its respective case number.

To which address did you send all your forms to? is the visa number the one that is written in red on the visa? what is alien registration number? how do you fill out the section on your I-485 which said you must list (present husband and children)? I've no kids, and I'm married to a us citizen. how did you address section 16 on the I-175? what does A# mean.

What should you put at the section on the I-485 form that says (current uscis status)?

Al right, I received today the receipts. I received 4 receipts total, one for I-130, another for I-131, another for I-485, and another for I-765. Each one with its respective case number.

Hey cafesanu,

Can you please share and tell us as to when your checks were cashed by USCIS? I remember you & I had mailed the paperwork on Sep 6th which was Saturday and my paperwork was delivered in Chicago on Tuesday Sep 9th. As of today the checks show that they have not been cashed and we have not even received our receipt notices.
Please get back. Thank you.

Answer to rze: I'm going to tell you my case, but I'm not a lawyer or an expert, so please ask a real expert, I'm just telling you what I know according to my case. The visa number is the one in red. I didn't have any alien number because I came here with a visa, so if you came here with a visa, I guess (But not sure) you don;t have an alien number (like me). So when they asked me my Alien number, I always filled "none". If you are married, you have to fiil that part with your husband/wife info. If you have kids, you also have to list them, otherwise write "N/A". When they ask about your status, I guess they are asking you your type of visa... J1, G4, HB1, F1, etc... (That's what I did). A# means Alien number. I didn;t fill any I-175, so I cannot help you on that one. Remember, I'm not a lawyer or an expert, so act accordingly.

Answer to Atlanta Borther: I don't know if my money was cashed, since I give them money orders and I don't know how to track them. However, every receipt I received says the amount they received as a prove for me. Anyway, I'm going to ask my bank if there is any way to know if my money orders were already cashed. I sent my paper thru UPS Next Day, and they were delivered on September 8 at 8 AM., and they USCIS receipts say the same (Delivered september 8), so maybe that's the reason a already received my receipts. I tried to check my case online, but I'm not yet on the system. I read on another forum that this is common, so when you receive your receipts, you probably are not going to be in the system for some days.

Keep in touch.

Checks cashed

Hey cafesanu,

Thank you for your detailed response. I checked with my bank and both my checks $1010 and $355 hit my account last night & cleared my account first thing this morning. I feel better now. I am sure my mother should be receiving receipt notices from USCIS soon, hopefully sometime this week. I am just a day behind from you as my package was delivered on Sep 9th.
Will keep u all posted.

Received all 4 notices in the mail today

Quick update. Received the receipt notice for I-130 at my address this afternoon and all the other 3 notices (I-485, I-131 and I-765) went to my mother at her Boston address.
I am relaxed. Now waiting for FP notice.

Ok, I add a signature to my account, with a timeline. I notized a lot of people do this, so it is important to see the signatures people. I also found really good info on visajourney.com. It has statistics about each form. How long does usually take each form, etc.

I received my Fingerprint notice today! I have the appointment on Octuber 1. I hope your mother get it fast too!

That was fast

I received my Fingerprint notice today! I have the appointment on Octuber 1. I hope your mother get it fast too!

See, I told you. Doesn't take that long for USCIS to generate FP notices after they have sent you the receipt notices. Yes, I will keep you posted once my mother receives her FP notice in Boston.

I had an interview the same day (Oct 1) and I didn't want to miss it or change the day, the interview is in the morning and the FP appointment was at 1 PM, but I didn't want to take the risk to miss the FP appointment, so last night I started googling if there was any way to speed up the process, and I found out that some USCIS offices are able to take your FP, as long as you have the appointment letter, even if you are going before... well, I went today Saturday to the USCIS office just to try and knowing they might have said no... guess what?... They were totally free and so nice! They took my FP and now I don't have to wait until Oct 1!. They were so nice!, so If you are in a hurry you can try going to the Biometrics USCIS office before the appointment day! I read on other threads that the best days to go are Wednesdays and Saturday; they are less busy those days(That's what I read, I might be wrong). However, it depends of the office. I was lucky!, but they could've said to me I had to wait.... anyway, I'm so happy! You should try if you are in a hurry! It's is worth to try if you really need the papers fast.

Good

Hey cafesanu,

Man, look at you. You are going with the speed of light. I wouldn't be surprised if you get done in couple of months and have your GC by end of this year. I am glad you went for an early FP today and they took care of you. Yes, you are right coz I did the same thing with my wife's FP apptts few months back. It was scheduled for July 17th and I went on a Saturday which was July 4th. The office was dead slow and they were able to take care of us. Saved us couple of weeks.

As soon as my mother receives the biometrics apptt, I will ask her if she could try to go in early and do a walk in FP.

Thanks for sharing your experience.