Husband and wife Filling together

hussamk

Registered Users (C)
If the husband and wife applied together is USCIS hold both cases until both
clear the Name Check or they Proceed each case individually.

They will be processed individually. But if you send both together you enhance the chance of being able to goting to FP, interview and oath together. Such chance is small but you can try it

If husband and wife got GC as primary and derivative applicants, when the wife is interviewed, it seems her husband file is part of wife'a A file. That is why we have a post here once that the during teh wife's interview the IO was
very nice and noticed her husband GC had an small isue and even advided her to tell her husband hot to prepare to address that issue (about getting GC
after leaving the GC sponsor employer or something like that).

So if such husband and wife applly together, I don't know NBC transfer their A file can interfere with each other or not.

If you send both the applications in the same envelope, you will get same appointment times for finger printing, interview and oath. I have observed this for most people (and mine too). Unless your (or your wife's) name has issues (name check issue), everything should be same.

They will be processed individually. But if you send both together you enhance the chance of being able to goting to FP, interview and oath together. Such chance is small but you can try it
However small it may be, that is exactly how it went for me and my wife. It was extremely convenient because we lived 1.5 hours away from our DO and we only had one car.

If husband and wife got GC as primary and derivative applicants, when the wife is interviewed, it seems her husband file is part of wife'a A file.
That is why we have a post here
-----------------where is the post.can you provide the link?

once that the during teh wife's interview the IO was
very nice and noticed her husband GC had an small isue and even advided her to tell her husband hot to prepare to address that issue (about getting GC
after leaving the GC sponsor employer or something like that).

So if such husband and wife applly together, I don't know NBC transfer their A file can interfere with each other or not.
------------------

send H& W application in the same envoloope

Originally Posted by cpzinga > If you send both the applications in the same envelope, you will get same appointment times for finger printing, interview and oath. I have observed this for most people (and mine too). Unless your (or your wife's) name has issues (name check issue), everything should be same

Folks, this is news to me ...can we do this ? send application in the same envoloope ?

I send my wife and My application at same envelope. We both got the NOA and FP at same day. we still waiting for IL.

What I understand from all above replies that application proceed individually and if (H or W ) stuck at Name check the other ( wife or husband ) application will continue. Am I right ?

For Me & Wife, I called USCIS to ask about that, and they told me it does not matter , as each case will be handled separate from the other one.

So, I sent both N-400 in 2 separate letters, and both were received @ USCIS same day, have same priority date, got the FP notice in the mail same day, and even our FP App. date/time was the same.

I'm not sure in the Interview for my wife if they will have my file as well as I was the primary when we applied for GC, well see , as we are both now waiting for IL

Myself and my wife applied in the same envelope (I had made 2 separate bundles in the same envelope). We got the same FP date and time and are scheduled for an interview at the same date and time as well. So it makes sense to apply in the same envelope (not to mention the savings on shipping costs :D ).

Assuming the background checks are completed around the same time everything is likely to be scheduled together. Each case is processed individually and parallely and has no bearing on each others situation since the A-files are different. However USCIS tries to ensure that all the scheduling is synchronized as far as possible.

My spouse and I got our GC in 2004 through my employment based application. Now we are applying for Naturalization. Aren't we suppose to apply in the same N-400 form or do we have to have separate forms? Could you please explain. thanks,
M

My spouse and I got our GC in 2004 through my employment based application. Now we are applying for Naturalization. Aren't we suppose to apply in the same N-400 form or do we have to have separate forms? Could you please explain. thanks,
M

We had a similar situation as yours but each one has to submit separate application, fee, and same or different supporting documents (depends on the situation). My wife made a foreign trip just over six months she had to submit more supporting documents than I did. Hope this helps.

We filed together.

Receipt notices received together.
FP together.
Interview at same time by 2 diff IOs.
Oath letter received 4 days apart, oath was 3 hours apart during same day. Requested them to do oath together (on the day of oath, at the oath site), they obliged.