Hurrah Good News .... For those who already got PR :)

What I meant in my post "Question about 183 days in a yr being physically in Canada " was

If you visit the link given in my post "Question about 183 days in a yr being physically in Canada ", there\'s a note that says that "Terms and conditions imposed under the old Act are considered imposed under the new Act" . So the old law imposed that a person loses his PR when he is out of Cananda for 183 days in a yr , and even though the law will be changing but as we became PR under the old law will that apply on us or the new law where the residency obligations have changed ?

Terms and Condition have different meaning.

Terma and conditions are usually imposed on visa. These are different than residency requirements. To give you an example, some people are issued visas with several restrictions. For ex, a refuge status issued with certain restriction as not to leave the country, or a visit visa issued with restriction( in somecases ) as not to do certain things like visiting a place or something. These are restrictions.
So new residency requirement will apply from Jun28,2002.

Who knows...

Who know u are out of Canada for so and so time..unless u have stamps in your passport!!

U are right....

Now I am in dilemma...I was happy thinking about the 3/5 rule...but
in the news release it didn\'t mention....
How???
I think Mr. Ray might know something about it....
By the way are u planning to go to Canada to apply for your PR card?
Thanks

enter and leave after the new law is passed

Does anyone know if the law applies to all Canadian PRs or just to those PRs who enter and then leave Canada after the law is passed (June 28)?

183 days or 3/5 years

People are getting confused about this new law.I was looking at some other discussion groups and they are mentioning that you need to establish residency in Canada inorder to comply with 3/5 years.So if a guy has landed on May 2002 and has left the day after landing to US will he be eligible for PR card (3/5 years).Can he apply for PR card from US without having any Bank account,Health Card etc in Canada.Appreciate your comments.

No info is there relating to 3/5 year rule!

Hi! all !

I read the news release but could not find anything on 3/5 year rule.
did i miss something?

Thanks

those will be published soon...and you can start getting the PR card

based on your landing date. now you dont need a person to sign as garentor etc/

I don\'t think so...

U need to be there physically since u got to give picture for the PR card ...I think so!! Not sure

nope you need to be present physically for receiving the card ..not applying for it

when does the 180 day counter starts!

When does this count down start? of possible, please elaborate.

sincerely hope that all PR card cases are strictly audited

It is simply appalling to see dozens of so called "immigrants" to Canada perform routine immigration fraud everyday scheming to get the PR card while living in the US.

I am sure that CIC would be very interested in this bulletin board to see the nature of the fraud being perpetrated every day.

Shameless, conscienceless, deceitful and disgraceful.

not venting about 180 day rule

I am certainly not complaining about the change in the 180 day rule. In today\'s world the change is very important to ensure that immigrants with valuable skills continue to choose Canada to be their home over the long term.

On the other hand those individuals who continue to stay in the US, those who have not made Canada their home will still apply and get the pr card and later citizenship as well, all without fulfilling the basic obligation (earlier 180 days and now 3 yrs out of 5 residency in Canada). It is happening all the time and everyone knows it. Obviously the audits are nowhere near as strong as they should be to prevent such fraud.

To add to immigration fraud there is insurance fraud as well. There was one individual on this board recently who after being a landed immigrant obviously left to go back and work in the US. This person was laid off in the US and had the unmitigated gall to inquire about what medical facilities he/she would get in the US as a Canadian landed immigrant. This kind of deadbeat immigrant is raping the system and taking all honest taxpayers for a ride.

Re:not venting about 180 day rule

Iam not sure if its as easy as people think or its as easy as it was some time back to get by the Canadian PR residency obligations while working in the US .
   I think most of the people on this board are intrested in keeping their PR "alive" so that if need be they can settle down in Canada , I don\'t see anything wrong in it .