How's this possible??

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
Hows this possible that CIS Is saying anyone who has had RFI will get their GC in this Fiscal year?....I am assuming this is another hoax..So wait you are telling me that MY ND date of may 2001 will get a GC this year??...they are processing DEC 1999 till now..how the hell do they have enough visas till may 01?

What gives? is CIS high? or my case officer thought my ND was 05/00 instead of 05/01???

yeah! this sounds fishy.. Few people from Dec99 are still getting their approvals. How can they approve 2001 people at the same time.

wantmygcnow said:
Hows this possible that CIS Is saying anyone who has had RFI will get their GC in this Fiscal year?....I am assuming this is another hoax..So wait you are telling me that MY ND date of may 2001 will get a GC this year??...they are processing DEC 1999 till now..how the hell do they have enough visas till may 01?

What gives? is CIS high? or my case officer thought my ND was 05/00 instead of 05/01???

Dear Sir:

It is possible. Please read the whole story as following:

March 4, 2005
NSC Flash #16-2005
Important Information Regarding Asylee Adjustment of Status for Fiscal Year 2005
Beginning on March 7th, 2005 the Nebraska Service Center will be sending a mass mailing to all asylee adjustment applicants who have been identified by the NSC as eligible for adjustment in fiscal year 2005.
This mass mailing is a REQUEST FOR INITIAL EVIDENCE addressed to the specific applicant, and referencing their specific I-485 receipt number. There are three separate pieces of evidence that are being requested.
1. A completed Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. The examination must be both conducted by and then signed by a designated civil surgeon.
2. Supplemental Form to I-693, Adjustment of Status Applicant’s Documentation of Immunization.
IMPORTANT REMINDER:
A) The person signing this form must be an MD. (Medical Doctor) A Supplemental Form to I-693 that is signed by an RN (registered nurse) or PA (physicians assistant) will not be accepted.
B) Photocopies of the Supplemental Form to I-693 are not acceptable.

3. A properly updated and completed Biographic Information Sheet, Form G-325A, must also be
submitted. This form must bear the original signature of the applicant. This form can be downloaded from the USCIS website: www.uscis.gov.
Asylee adjustment applicants are required to and should make every effort to keep the service updated regarding their current address in order to receive information about their cases from the NSC. To accomplish this the applicant will need to file form AR-11 (which can be downloaded on the USCIS website, www.uscis.gov) and contact the National Customer Service Center at 1 800 375-5283
to report any changes of address.
Finally, asylee adjustment applicants who receive this Request for Initial Evidence must comply with the request. Applicants who submitted Forms I-693 and the Supplemental Form to I-693 as initial evidence with the Form I-485 do not have to resubmit these documents in response to this mass mailing. They should, however submit the updated G-325A and a statement that they submitted both medical forms as initial evidence Failure to comply with the Request for Initial Evidence within the time allotted will result in the application being denied due to abandonment.

GraceMarc, Don't you be dear sirring me buddy!..:) I read that..it doesnt say anything about how they are processing it.

wantmygcnow said:
GraceMarc, Don't you be dear sirring me buddy!..:) I read that..it doesnt say anything about how they are processing it.

I think they are going to use the all extra visas made available by the settlement THIS YEAR, rather than spread them over three years as the agreement permits them to do.

But if the REAL ID Act passes then of course they can approve everybody's case.

Here is an alternative, somewhat bleak understanding.
Read the following again:

Beginning on March 7th, 2005 the Nebraska Service Center will be sending a mass mailing to all asylee adjustment applicants who have been identified by the NSC as eligible for adjustment in fiscal year 2005

Being eligible for adjustment in fiscal year 2005 doesn't mean that one who is eligible has to be approved in fiscal year 2005. In another words, it don't mean sh*t. As a matter of fact, anyone who is in asylee status for over a year (and who filed i-485) is eligible for adjustment.

It would be a whole different story if they wrote: "...who have been identified by the NSC as eligible for adjustment in fiscal year 2005 subject to adjustment cap."