How would I know if my 140 is revoked

GRamesh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My 140 was approved in Dec 2001 and I filed 485 in Mar 2002. i recently changed jobs using AC21. If my old company revokes my 140 how would I know about it. Will the status of my approved 140 be changed to revoked or something like that. or will my new lawyer get any letter saying that happened.
thanks for your input.
-ramesh

Originally posted by GRamesh
Hi,
My 140 was approved in Dec 2001 and I filed 485 in Mar 2002. i recently changed jobs using AC21. If my old company revokes my 140 how would I know about it. Will the status of my approved 140 be changed to revoked or something like that. or will my new lawyer get any letter saying that happened.
thanks for your input.
-ramesh

No your company cannot withdraw an already approved 140. Your new lawyer must have files a G28 and under FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) can ask USCIS to send all documents pertaining to your case. Your lawyer can get all your dicuments incluing copies of your LC, 140 etc.

hth
dyno

My 140 was approved in Dec 2001 and I filed 485 in Mar 2002. i recently changed jobs using AC21.
---- it means you had I-140 approved and your I-485 was pending more than 180 days, according to BCIS august 4 Memo your employer cannot revoke the I-140, you are eligible for AC21 if your job is same/similar
If my old company revokes my 140 how would I know about it.
---- Don’t you have I-140 filing receipt or copy of approved I-140? If you have then punch your receipt # and can check BCIS online status, you will not get any letter related to I-140 because I-140 belongs to employer.
Will the status of my approved 140 be changed to revoked or something like that.
----- Yes if BCIS revokes ( I am sure USCIS is not going to revoke it) just send your intent change and letter from new employer to service center. Your new lawyer knows what to do.
or will my new lawyer get any letter saying that happened.
------ Your lawyer will not get any letter for I-140 from USCIS but as suggested by” dynobuoy” you or your lawyer can get the copy of your file from USCIS service center under FOIA( i dont think you need it if you have copy of approved LC or form ETA 750A that has your skill set written on it )