How to use Advance Parole

SMZ

Registered Users (C)
I want to know, how to use AP. I heard, I need to goto US counsulate (in my case its Mumbai Consulate) and get something stamed on my passport.

Can you please share your experience and let me know exact procedure. Your help is truely appreciated.

I dont think you need to do something special

My opinion is you just show AP approval at POE.

But consult your lawyer

No Title

If you have AP, thats all you need. There is no need for you to visit the consulate and get anything stamped. I didn\'t.

Amar

What documents do you need along with AP?

Hello Amar,

Looks like you\'ve used your AP. I am travelling with my wife to India. I have my EAD but she hasn\'t received her EAD yet. My lawyer has told me that just a copy of 485 receipt along with AP is sufficient at POE. Is this correct?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

GC Awaiter.

Copy should suffice

I travelled to India on AP recently. All Airlines people just looked at it and returned it to me. At the POE the IIO took the AP, stamped it and returned it to me (because it was multiple entry). No one asked for the I-485 receipt. I suggest keep a copy handy, just in case....No other documents were asked.

Just came back on AP

I just came back to US from India last Sunday (1/27) on AP. At port of entry (Dallas), all the formalities were completed in less than 5 minutes. They just looked at the AP, and stamped it.No questions asked, and no other docs were requested. But better keep all the docs related to AOS in handy.

milk ?. Have 3 copies of AP. which copy is used ?.

I recieved 3 copies of AP 2 with my picture attached abd one without.
Which one should i carry and show at POE.

Thanks..

No Title

One with your picture is your permanent record, the second copy id for INS when you first enter and the third is the "consolation prize" for the transporter (The Airlines!!). But in most cases, all of them take copies of the one with the photo and give it to you. However have some photocopies made for different Airlines\' use.

jaxen ?? Airlines ?

hi jaxen,
Thanks for the input. so at the POE they are going to stamp the
AP copy without the picture ?.
Is the airline i am going to board going to take our I-94 away ?.
last, do we have to fill a I-94 on our way back into USA and which line should we use at POE. Permanent resident/citizen or the other one ?.

Thanks a lot. we are travelling very shortly.

Here is some info

1. When you go out of the country the Airlines has to take your existing I-94.

2. When you return the Airlines are supposed to take the second sheet of the AP (the one without your photo), but in my experience, they did not. Gulf Air in Mumbai and Muscat and American Airlines in Paris just looked at the AP and returned it to me without taking any sheets from the AP. They did not even make copies for themselves. They did not ask me for copies.

3. At the port of entry (Dallas), I was standing in the line of Foreign Nationals. When the "US Citizens" line became empty I was asked to go there. You need to fill in a new I-94 when you enter the country. Leave the Visa fields blank. Fill in the A# from your I-485 receipt on the back of the I-94 form (there is a field for that). After initial processing at the Immigration Counter, I was asked to go into the INS room. There the officer stamped the Original AP (the one with the photo) and returned it to me (multiple entry AP).

4. I entered the USA on Jan 13, 2002. My I-485 was approved on Jan 9, 2002. I did not know about that. The IIO did not tell me about that. No other documents or questions asked.

I hope this is clear enough.