how to stay in US with I-485 filing status after H4 expires

ksivak

Please read my problem. I, my wife and my son filed I-485 on September, 2001. I and my wife got advance payroll and EADs. My son got Advance payroll only. My H1-B visa going to expire on August 2002. My son H4 is going to expire on Jun 2002 ( Embassy in India printed wrong month on my son\'s visa).

Now the problem is my employer not willing to extend my H1-B because I already got my EAD. I want to know how to change the status from H1-b to EAD. Is it required to send any notification to INS about the change of status?. Sorry, this may be stupid question that I don\'t know. I want to know if I change my status from H1-B to EAD what is the status of my son?. What I need to do to continue my son status alive in US. Please clarify my doubts and thanks a million for spending your time to read this message.

Thanks
Yoga

They are in Status

Once you file for 485 , you and your family are in AOS status.
So expiring of H4 or H1 visa does not matter in my opinion.
You may check with your lawyer

RELAX

We were in the similiar situation.
Don\'t worry.
Once the I-485 is filed, you are in status. All you have to do is sit back and just wait for the EAD card to arrive.
Good Luck.

since you already have an EAD and your

Company is not extending the H1 thats OK, all you have to do is send I-9 form to your employer with the EAD details. The employer will keep that form with him to show to INS if any inquiry comes regarding your status. Also since your son don\'t have an EAD he will be in the AOS pending status and he can be here as long as the AOS is pending.

Thanks

Thank You my friend. I and my wife already got EAD and finished fingerprints. My main concern is My son\'s status.

No wonder DOS is thinking to ban foreign workers mostly indian.......

INDIA AND IRAQ SET UP JOINT WORKING GROUP ON COMMUNICATIONS NEW DELHI OFFERS IRAQ HELP IN MANUFACTURING CONSULTANCY AND R&D IN TELECOM SECTOR

" An Iraqi delegation led by Minister of Transport and Communications Dr. Ahmad Al Khalil called on Minister of Communications Shri Ram Vilas Paswan here today. During the talks Shri Paswan referred to the historical and traditional ties between the two countries and expressed concern at the enormous human suffering and hardship caused by sanctions against Iraq. He reiterated India’s support to Iraq for its independence sovereignty and territorial integrity. He said that India has consistently advocated lifting of the UN sanctions against Iraq through articulations in UN and various other for a. Indicating that India would like to further strengthen its ties with Iraq. Shri Paswan suggested for cooperation in the training manufacturing consultancy and R&D sectors. He said that India has an excellent network of training centers having 43 training centers spread across the country.

He said: "the Advance Level telecom Training Center (ALTTC) is a world-class training institution equipped with the most modern training facilities. He also said that with the large pool of technical experts available in the country India can cater to the telecom equipment requirements of Iraq. Shri Paswan also mentioned about the telephone exchanges developed by C-DOT which are rugged and operate in adverse environmental conditions. He said that India has been very successful in providing consultancy in setting up telecom network in a number of countries. R&D Development could also be taken up jointly’, he said.

The Minister of State for Communications Shri Tapan Sikdar said that India has stood by Iraq all the time and will continue to so in the future. The Iraqi Minister expressed his happiness at the cooperation extended by India and said that his country would look forward to collaborations in the fields in which India has expertise. He specifically appreciated India’s political support in the efforts to lift sanctions.

Later both the sides held delegation level talks and decided to form a Joint Working Group on Communications under the overall framework of India-Iraq Joint Commission. The Joint Working Group will consist of representatives of Department of Telecom Department of Posts and Ministry of External Affairs besides representatives from Telecom PSUs and CII and FICCI. Iraqi side will also nominate their representatives for the Working Group."

I believe AT$T CEO C. Michael Armstrong should resign immediately. Perhaps he should be arrested and put in the same cell with John Walker Lindh.