How to speed up case assignment to officer after NC is cleared

duggils1

Registered Users (C)
My name check was cleared recently after pending for nearly 4 years. I first came to know about this in the first week of December. (I just found out the date it was cleared also (10/16/07) after speaking to a TSC rep a little while ago.)

Since the first week of December-

1) I have an SR opened on 12/6/07 to which I have not received a reply yet.

2) I was also told by a TSC rep on 3 weeks ago (12/6/07) that she would send an email request to move the case from exam area to an officer. But nothing has happened.

3) My congressman received a fax last week(12/16/07) that said my case would be assigned to an officer shortly (I have a copy of this fax as well).

But the TSC lady just told me that my case is still pending and it has not been assigned to an officer. Of course she has no clue on when it might get assigned to an officer.

Now, I ask the incredible members of this board on what other tricks I can use to get my case assigned to an officer quickly. A fax to TSC director, first lady or any other creative avenues that you think has a better chance?

I also sent two emails to my lawyer asking him to initiate an inquiry from his end.

Oh BTW, everything else on my case is current as you can imagine

Thanks in advance.

You could attempt to retroactively cancel Christmas.

Seriously, I've never seen an enterprise that worked efficiently in December, let alone USCIS.

- Contact Ombudsman.
- If you have an attorney then also ask them to contact USCIS.

In general it would still take 8-10 weeks after clearing of name check to approval assuming everything else is in place.

As pointed out by RealCanadian, this is December and let alone USCIS a majority of places reduce their pace of work after Thanksgiving to end of year.

My name check was cleared recently after pending for nearly 4 years. I first came to know about this in the first week of December. (I just found out the date it was cleared also (10/16/07) after speaking to a TSC rep a little while ago.)

Since the first week of December-

1) I have an SR opened on 12/6/07 to which I have not received a reply yet.

2) I was also told by a TSC rep on 3 weeks ago (12/6/07) that she would send an email request to move the case from exam area to an officer. But nothing has happened.

3) My congressman received a fax last week(12/16/07) that said my case would be assigned to an officer shortly (I have a copy of this fax as well).

But the TSC lady just told me that my case is still pending and it has not been assigned to an officer. Of course she has no clue on when it might get assigned to an officer.

Now, I ask the incredible members of this board on what other tricks I can use to get my case assigned to an officer quickly. A fax to TSC director, first lady or any other creative avenues that you think has a better chance?

I also sent two emails to my lawyer asking him to initiate an inquiry from his end.

Oh BTW, everything else on my case is current as you can imagine

Thanks in advance.

You could attempt to retroactively cancel Christmas.

Seriously, I've never seen an enterprise that worked efficiently in December, let alone USCIS.
TRC-
OK- I was attempting to do that but they approved my case in the mean while. Just received the magic emails. Guess they didn't want to deal with the crisis :)

Thanks for your reply, though.