How to reschedule appointment ?

leanback

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Is there way i can reschedule my local office interview appointment ? My interview is on Jan'13th and i need to be in Los Angeles that day.

If yes, could you please tell me the process.

Thanks

leanback said:
Guys,

Is there way i can reschedule my local office interview appointment ? My interview is on Jan'13th and i need to be in Los Angeles that day.
--- you can reschedule the interview by sending letter and interview date letter to local USCIS or your lawyer can send the letter. remember it may be delay of 6-8 months for next interview date
If yes, could you please tell me the process.
--or go to local offoce and reschedule
Thanks

Hi Ginnu,

Thanks for answering my question.

I got my interview letter with in 1 month after transfering to san jose office ? Is this a standard timeline (6-8 months) for any rescheduled appointments ?. If i go in person and cancel the appointment, can i ask them to reschedule right there ?

Thanks

Questions to Leanback

Questions to Leanback:

Leanback:
Can you post the details of 140 RFE's.One of my friend has the same situation like you.
I140 not approved and he got letter for interview on jan 15 05.
He has his interview in houston,tx.
Guru's on this portal asked him not to reschedule the interview.
Any ideas are greatly appriciated.

An_tx_immi said:
Questions to Leanback:

Leanback:
Can you post the details of 140 RFE's.One of my friend has the same situation like you.
I140 not approved and he got letter for interview on jan 15 05.
He has his interview in houston,tx.
Guru's on this portal asked him not to reschedule the interview.
Any ideas are greatly appriciated.

I got my RFE on June 1st -2004 for "Ability to pay issue " we replied back on Aug'20th with 3 years W-2's,latest pay stubs, company taxes for last 3 years, and current 6 months company revenues. I haven't heard anything even after 2 status checks.

BTW, mine is a future employement GC.

There are two reasons why i am thinking of rescheduling the interview.

1. I have to be at some place on that day, and its a personal reason.

2. I will be starting work for GC sponser very soon , and with couple of pay stubs, it shows my intentions to work for the sponsered employer.

what you guys think ? Did anyone got approval with I -140 spending during the interview.

Thanks

Leanback

My friend is using sub lab(PD dec 2000) and filed 140 and 485 concurent.His 140 is not approved and he is attending the interview on jan 15.
Other guru's of the this forum asked him to attend the interview and i think his attorney also sujjested him to go to interview.Does he need to take the employer tax returns of last 3 years(Since his 140 is not approved) ????
here is the link for others opinion.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=154475

leanback said:
I got my RFE on June 1st -2004 for "Ability to pay issue " we replied back on Aug'20th with 3 years W-2's,latest pay stubs, company taxes for last 3 years, and current 6 months company revenues. I haven't heard anything even after 2 status checks.

BTW, mine is a future employement GC.

There are two reasons why i am thinking of rescheduling the interview.

1. I have to be at some place on that day, and its a personal reason.
----------------------- attend the Interview and postpone personal reasons
2. I will be starting work for GC sponser very soon , and with couple of pay stubs, it shows my intentions to work for the sponsered employer.
-------------- GC is for future permanent job, take the employer recent letter of job offer, your ID , passport, your W-2, I-94 ,tax papers, all EAD AP if you have and employer ability to pay documents, show only what they ask. when you are taking employer recent letter they know your intent.Don’t postpone or try to reschedule the interview or you have some hidden story???

what you guys think ?
-----attend the interview
Did anyone got approval with I -140 spending during the interview.
---yes, I know about 2 cases in NJ and one case in Baltimore
Thanks

Hi Ginnu,

I really appreciate your answers, i spoke to couple of attorneys and there answer is, not to postpone the interview.As of today, i will be attending interview with a local attorney.

Do i need to take passport photographs for the interview ?

Thanks

leanback said:
Hi Ginnu,

I really appreciate your answers, i spoke to couple of attorneys and there answer is, not to postpone the interview.As of today, i will be attending interview with a local attorney.

Do i need to take passport photographs for the interview ?
------ YES, take 2 passport style photographs with you. officer may ask when he takes your fingerprint on white form ( if he does not ask you can ask at that point if he needs new photographs and he will take it.
*** write your name, A#, DOB back side of photographs with pencil
Thanks

Hi Ginnu,

One last question,How should i answer medical questions ? All the orginal medical documents were given to USCIS and i don't have a copy of it ? Is it required during interview ?

Thanks

leanback said:
Hi Ginnu,

One last question,How should i answer medical questions ? All the orginal medical documents were given to USCIS and i don't have a copy of it ?
---they dont ask medical questions, if you submitted medicals then they are valid till I-485 approval and USCIS has memo for that
Is it required during interview ?
--- if submiteed earlier not needed

Thanks

ginnu....

ginnu,

You mention the other cases in NJ and Baltimore, did they get 140 approval at the local office? I did not think the local office could approve 140s?

maybesomeday said:
ginnu,

You mention the other cases in NJ and Baltimore, did they get 140 approval at the local office?
--yes
I did not think the local office could approve 140s?
--- that is your problem if you think that way, local USCIS officer can approve I-140

ginnu,

Ok, I just didn't know if they could or not. Thanks for clarifying. In those cases you mentioned did they get both 140 and 485 approval at the interview or was the 140 approved slightly before. The reason I'm asking is if there is any chance of using AC21 in such a situation. Thanks.

maybesomeday said:
ginnu,

Ok, I just didn't know if they could or not. Thanks for clarifying. In those cases you mentioned did they get both 140 and 485 approval at the interview or was the 140 approved slightly before. The reason I'm asking is if there is any chance of using AC21 in such a situation. Thanks.
--- I-140 and I-485 were approved at same time in Local USCIS and the person got Passport stamped. I dont know about AC21 as your I-140 is not approved talk to good lawyer

ginnu said:
--- I-140 and I-485 were approved at same time in Local USCIS and the person got Passport stamped. I dont know about AC21 as your I-140 is not approved talk to good lawyer

ginnu,

By chance do you recall whether these folks got a transfer notice for both the 485 and the 140?

maybesomeday said:
ginnu,

By chance do you recall whether these folks got a transfer notice for both the 485 and the 140?
---I dont recall but I think that YOU or your lawyer will get only I-485 transfer notice. why they will send you I-140 transfer or approval notice?, it belongs to employer