• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How to rectify the Country of birth in DV entry

john1983

Hi Guys i need your advise here in my friend's case. His wife is selected for the DV Lottery and when he was filling the DS-260 he realized that the city of birth in her entry form was CORRECT but the country of birth was WRONG !! this issue made his really frustrated please advise will this mistake lead to visa refusal , if there is anyway to rectify this issue please tell me . they were waiting this opportunity for 10 years.

Hi Guys i need your advise here as i have the same issue here but in my case My wife is selected for the DV Lottery and when i was filling the DS-260 the city of birth in her entry form was CORRECT but the country of birth was WRONG !! this made me really frustrated please advise will this mistake lead to visa refusal , if there is anyway to rectify this issue please tell me . we were waiting this opportunity for 10 years.
You may want to advise what those two countries are so others can provide advice. Basically, if the two countries are within the same region you can put the correct details in the DS-260 and you "should" be ok. If they are in two different regions (ie - selected OC but you should be in AF) then you will not be approved for the visa

You may want to advise what those two countries are so others can provide advice. Basically, if the two countries are within the same region you can put the correct details in the DS-260 and you "should" be ok. If they are in two different regions (ie - selected OC but you should be in AF) then you will not be approved for the visa

Thanks Aidyn for your quick response .

The countries are as below :
City Wife was born is : Saida City (Its located in Lebanon) and this was CORRECT in the DV ENTRY
Country Wife was borne is : Lebanon
Country which is in the DV Entry : United Arab Emirates ..

Both of them are in the Middle East.

Which is your “friend’s” wife’s country of birth?
Which country of birth did your “friend” select for his wife?

Which is your “friend’s” wife’s country of birth?
Which country of birth did your “friend” select for his wife?

Hi Sm2smom

The countries are as below :
City Wife was born is : Saida City (Its located in Lebanon) and this was CORRECT in the DV ENTRY
Country Wife was borne is : Lebanon
Country which is in the DV Entry : United Arab Emirates ..

PS: BOTH of them are living in United Arab Emirates

There’s no way to rectify the information on the eDV registration form. However “your friend” is fortunate because both Lebanon and UAE are within the AS region, so they should be fine.

There’s no way to rectify the information on the eDV registration form. However “your friend” is fortunate because both Lebanon and UAE are within the AS region, so they should be fine.

OMG really ? That is very great news really appreciate your reply dear .. so he can continue with the DS-260 filling process and submit it with no fear ?

@sm1mom ,

Can you please advise what kind of questions will it be in the interview ? and how to prepare for it ?

Appreciate your kind response

OMG really ? That is very great news really appreciate your reply dear .. so he can continue with the DS-260 filling process and submit it with no fear ?

Yes he can continue and he needs to make sure he puts accurate and correct information on the DS260 form. Of course they can still ask during the interview why the wrong country was selected, he just needs to be truthful in his response.

@sm1mom ,

Can you please advise what kind of questions will it be in the interview ? and how to prepare for it ?

Appreciate your kind response

Ask “your friend” to create an account in this forum and ask questions about his case directly himself.

Greetings dear sm1smom , im the guy that john was referring to ,
unfortunately that what happened and im very scared that our visa will be rejected , I didnt see my parents for 5 years now because they live in USA OHIO and im in UAE . I Tried many times to apply for B1/B2 visa but unfortunately i got refused . Now we got selected and finally felt there is a hope that i would be there for them .

When i Started filling the DS-260 i went to double check the data in the entry form to make sure its matching, I was shocked that my wife country of birth was UAE but it suppose to be Lebanon. The city of birth was CORRECT but COUNTRY of birth was UAE ... i dont know how that happened I Hope this is not a big issue :( ... what do you advise ? shall i continue with the process and pay ? its not small amount because we are 3 family members.

I donno what to do. :( :( :(

Greetings dear sm1smom , im the guy that john was referring to ,
unfortunately that what happened and im very scared that our visa will be rejected , I didnt see my parents for 5 years now because they live in USA OHIO and im in UAE . I Tried many times to apply for B1/B2 visa but unfortunately i got refused . Now we got selected and finally felt there is a hope that i would be there for them .

When i Started filling the DS-260 i went to double check the data in the entry form to make sure its matching, I was shocked that my wife country of birth was UAE but it suppose to be Lebanon. The city of birth was CORRECT but COUNTRY of birth was UAE ... i dont know how that happened I Hope this is not a big issue :( ... what do you advise ? shall i continue with the process and pay ? its not small amount because we are 3 family members.

I donno what to do. :(:(:(

Read my previous responses to your “friend” John for my advice on what to do, I don’t like repeating myself.

Read my previous responses to your “friend” John for my advice on what to do, I don’t like repeating myself.

Thank you for your time sm1smom ..

can you advise what kind of questions will be in the interview ? :)

Appreciate you kind advise,

Thank you for your time sm1smom ..

can you advise what kind of questions will be in the interview ? :)

Appreciate you kind advise,

I’m sorry I don’t have a list of questions I can provide you with. The interview questions will be based on your submitted information, nothing trickery that will require a standardized response or lots of practice. You can also do a search in the forum for interview experience already reported by others.

I’m sorry I don’t have a list of questions I can provide you with. The interview questions will be based on your submitted information, nothing trickery that will require a standardized response or lots of practice. You can also do a search in the forum for interview experience already reported by others.

Thanks alot sm1smom :) ... sorry last more question . I already filled up the DS-260 form and ready forr submittion.
The question here is that my wife passport will expire in the coming july (after two months from today) ..

Shall I submit the DS-260 with this passport details and bring the old passport with the new one to the interview?

OR shall we renew it then submit the form ?

Im asking that because I heard many people say in the DV Lottery there a concept of "FIRST COME FIRST SERVED" , If i wait till the passport is renewed then I have to wait one month till the new one is issued.

Thanks alot sm1smom :) ... sorry last more question . I already filled up the DS-260 form and ready forr submittion.
The question here is that my wife passport will expire in the coming july (after two months from today) ..

Shall I submit the DS-260 with this passport details and bring the old passport with the new one to the interview?

OR shall we renew it then submit the form ?

Im asking that because I heard many people say in the DV Lottery there a concept of "FIRST COME FIRST SERVED" , If i wait till the passport is renewed then I have to wait one month till the new one is issued.

The people telling it’s a “first come first served” know next to nothing about the DV process. The first thing that determines when an interview gets scheduled is the CN which must become current first. Renew the passport first, update the DS260 form with the new information, then submit the form. By the way, what’s your CN range?

The people telling it’s a “first come first served” know next to nothing about the DV process. The first thing that determines when an interview gets scheduled is the CN which must become current first. Renew the passport first, update the DS260 form with the new information, then submit the form. By the way, what’s your CN range?

Ok I will do that ,
The Case Number : 2020AS00000xx3

is that what you mean ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I will do that ,
The Case Number starts with : 202070G

is that what you mean ?

No that is your confirmation letter. Your CN (case number) shown on your selectee letter should read something like ASxxxxx. So if your CN is AS202000000457 for instance, you’ll post it here as AS45x.

No that is your confirmation letter. Your CN (case number) shown on your selectee letter should read something like ASxxxxx. So if your CN is AS202000000457 for instance, you’ll post it here as AS45x.

aha ok its : ASxx3

Last edited by a moderator: