How to get a NOL from Russia???

cutik

I am trying to appeal my hardship waiver, which was denied. Also, I am thinking about a back-up plan to apply for a no-objection letter, in case the appeal is failed (that is very likely to happen).

Please advice how to get a no objection letter. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you. TO LucyMo: pls pomogite sovetom kak vy eto sdelali. Spasibo!

you call the DC consulate and they send you a fax/letter with a list of all documents you need to collect in order to get a no-objection letter. Once you have all the docs, you send it to the consulate and they issue or deny a NOL.

Thank you!

LucyMo, thank you for the answer. What kind of documents they require?
Do you think they would issue a NOL for Fulbright program? Once again, bunch of thanks.

LucyMo, thank you for the answer. What kind of documents they require?
Do you think they would issue a NOL for Fulbright program? Once again, bunch of thanks.

I have a comment, not to frustrate you but to make it clear. The waiver for Fulbright is quite difficult because the DOS usually deny those applications even if the candidate get NOS easily from his country. Does not mean that no Fulbright het waiver.

I got the letter after I provided (as asked):
1) Page of the passport (to show you are in fact a citizen with a valid passport)
2) Copy of the most current visa stamp
3) Current address in US

The letter was mailed the next day after I provided items above.

This was not from Russia but from a -stan country. I wouldn't imagine it would be that different.

Udachi i ne zdavaytes!

oh, yes, it is different. In 2003 I had to produce the letters from my uni in Russia that it doesn't have any objections. I had to get a copy of trudovaja knizhka (which I do not have, so I had to write a separate zajavlenie about it). THe embassy also needed a letter from a US employer that they do not object. I didn't have an employer, so I got it from my university in the States (my professor).

There was a list of about 10 items, but it may have changed. The rest was copies of all documentation, I think.

Wow that is pretty extreme. Considering Russian government did not contribute a dime to funding the program, that is total bs on their part.
But hey what's new, right?

and that wasn't all of it. The no objection letter got lost by USPS (registered mail) - the embassy gave me the tracking number (but it's rather useless - if it gets lost, you cannot initiate a search for it, only the embassy can), and I asked the embassy to resend it. The embassy claimed that they resent it. Two weeks later DOS still didn't have it. I called the embassy again, and by that time I was crying.... The nice lady said she really couldnt' help me anymore, because it costs money to send registered mail. I think I offered to send them a money order just so they could resend my no-objection letter since I was desperate. I believe that the embassy then faxed it to DOS instead, because several days later - DOS reported it as received. :)

I do not know if registered mail make much difference. I sent all my applications (J extension, waiver, GC .....etc, which I did all by myself) by first class mail ($0.37-5.00 maximum). I may change my opinion if I,ll lose any package later. I do not know if the Embassy sent it registered or not

Wow...glad to hear everything worked out in the end. DOS still says they don't have the NOS. It's been 3.5 weeks since it's been sent by the embassy. I am just curious how many $8/hr mail processing people could $215 hire?