How to fill AP renewal application ?

6sun

Registered Users (C)
Dear all

I try to do the AP renewal by myself. In the form, there is one field called "Class of Admission", what does it mean? and what I should put there.

Also do I need to put anything in part 8 as I am living in US, and there is no need to receive the AP document in other counties. The document is confusing....

I applied for EB2 employment GC, my I-485 was filed in May 2002.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!
Sun

I try to do the AP renewal by myself.
------ AP is always NEW and it is not renewal, EAD is renewed
In the form, there is one field called "Class of Admission", what does it mean? and what I should put there.
------Many are confused with this, some lawyer say that you have to write how was your last entry to US, if on H1 then write H1 if entered on H4 write H4 other lawyers are saying write AOS. The best option is to write your last entry to US status and also write on Cover letter CLASS OF ADMISSION: I last entered US on H1 or H4 visa status and currently my I-485 is pending with USCIS and my status is AOS pending.
Also do I need to put anything in part 8 as I am living in US,
-----No
and there is no need to receive the AP document in other counties. The document is confusing....

Thanks very much for your advice!!!
Do you have anything from your case that I need to pay attention?

Thanks and Regards,

Here is the answer:

Class of Admission Defined by USCIS
We have recently had a number of clients, as well as MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers, ask us what the USCIS means by the term "Class of Admission" on the new Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. The USCIS has confirmed that they are seeking the applicant's current immigration status. They are not looking for the status at first or most recent entry to the U.S., if different from the current status. For example, if a person entered the U.S. through a Port of Entry and was granted F-1 status, but later changed his or her status to H1B from within the U.S., the correct answer on the form for Class of Admission is H1B.
It is unclear why the USCIS decided to change the phrasing of this question. We appreciate that they have clarified the definition so that we are better able to assist our readers and clients in providing accurate information to the USCIS.
© The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C.

from http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/mar1904.pdf

I'm in the process of filling my AP renewal, pls help me with the following Q's in the 131 form.

Part 2. Application Type
Is my option is "d"
(My I-485 is still pending)
Part 3. Processing information
Date of Intended Departure & Expected length of trip
Do I need to fill this..???
Part 7. For how many trips do you intend to use this doc..??
If I say 1 trip... can I still get 3 copies of AP...

Appreciate if some one can throw their views...

Thanks in Advance
Rejji

rejji27 said:
I'm in the process of filling my AP renewal, pls help me with the following Q's in the 131 form.

Part 2. Application Type
Is my option is "d"
------I dont have the form before me it has to be C9
Part 3. Processing information
Date of Intended Departure & Expected length of trip
------They dont care write any date after 30 days
Do I need to fill this..???
Part 7. For how many trips do you intend to use this doc..??
If I say 1 trip... can I still get 3 copies of AP...
----- Multiple (dont forget to tick box that says M, you may get 2 or 3 copies of AP it depends on service centere
Appreciate if some one can throw their views...

Thanks in Advance
Rejji

rejji27 said:

Part 2. Application Type
Is my option is "d"

Yes, it is option (d), which says
"I am applying for an advance parole document to allow me to return to the United States after temporary foreign travel."

Address for filing AP?

Can someone please let me know what is the address to send my AP? My I-485 is pending in California Service Center for 2 years. I could not find the address anywhere.

THANK A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Class of Admission" question

My attorney put "2nd Empl Pref" in that field. Does anyone know what it mean?

I have H1B with AOS pending.

Thanks!

6sun said:
Can someone please let me know what is the address to send my AP? My I-485 is pending in California Service Center for 2 years. I could not find the address anywhere.

THANK A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6sun,

have you got the answer about the address?

6sun said:

My attorney put "2nd Empl Pref" in that field. Does anyone know what it mean?
---- it means your I-485 is pending and your I-140 is for employement based EB2
I have H1B with AOS pending.

Thanks!

From other forum....

Here is the answer:

Class of Admission Defined by USCIS
We have recently had a number of clients, as well as MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers, ask us what the USCIS means by the term "Class of Admission" on the new Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. The USCIS has confirmed that they are seeking the applicant's current immigration status. They are not looking for the status at first or most recent entry to the U.S., if different from the current status. For example, if a person entered the U.S. through a Port of Entry and was granted F-1 status, but later changed his or her status to H1B from within the U.S., the correct answer on the form for Class of Admission is H1B.
It is unclear why the USCIS decided to change the phrasing of this question. We appreciate that they have clarified the definition so that we are better able to assist our readers and clients in providing accurate information to the USCIS.
© The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C.

from http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/mar1904.pdf

I-131 application address

If you have submitted I-485 to CSC,then,submit your I-131 renewal application to:
US DHS,
USCIS,
CSC
P.O.Box 10485
Laguna Niguel
CA 92607-1048.

My I-131 renewal (or applied for the 2nd time) was approved within 4 weeks at CSC.

class of admission

I have called 800 number for this issue. And for further clarification, I am able to transferred to Immigration officer and he told me that when you entered in US 1st time. ie in my case its H1B. So in my case write H1B.