How to contact congressman/ state sentor for help

ayimar

Registered Users (C)
My parents visitor visa has been rejected 3 times.
I fell very helpless and do not know what to do. I just want my parents to visit me in US.

What is the way to contact a congressman or state senetor for help ?
Can these people be of any help to me ?

Pls help!

Thanks,
Ayimar.

Me too

My mother visa rejected 5 times. I would like to know also, is there any help we can get from congressman or state senator?

ayimar said:
I fell very helpless and do not know what to do. I just want my parents to visit me in US.

Pls help!

Thanks,
Ayimar.

ayimar said:

If your parents don't qualify for a visa, they don't qualify. Better to use your time to help improve your parents' situation so that they can qualify for a visa. Help them buy a home. Help them start a business. Help them run for elective office. Help them do something to change their situation, because their current situation, whatever it is, means they don't qualify for a visa. A form letter from a congressman doesn't change their situation.

ayimar said:

Pls help!

Thanks,
Ayimar.

Senator won't do nothing about this. It's a consulate matter & Senator won't engage him/her to resolve this.
Atique.

B2 for Mother

I understand that consulate have full power to reject. And also understand why my mother is not getting visa. But I can not help to improve anyway. She is 55 years old and never did job in life. I am only SON. She is alone in India and she can not run any business even I can show business on her name but still consulate can not agree that she is managing any business. I do not understand what hell consulate think, she will not come back to India after USA visit. But I am keeping trying every 6 months and see any consulate can give her visa.

atique rahman said:
Senator won't do nothing about this. It's a consulate matter & Senator won't engage him/her to resolve this.
Atique.

Wheretogo,
Firstly let me clarify that I am not about to defend the US consul(s) who rejected your mother's visa application. However I now ask you to get in his/her shoes for a little while. A US consul on average has 45-60 seconds to make up his/her mind about a B-1/B-2 application. Let us look at the factors associated with your mother's application:-

(1) She does not have a job in India to "bring her back" to
(2) Her only son resides in the US
(3) She is alone in India (I apologise if that is not the case, but your post suggests that)

Now by law, every intending visitor to the US is deemed an immigrant. The burden of proof is on the applicant to convince otherwise. Now if you are a US consul and see an application from an unemployed middleage woman whose only son lives in the US, will you not be sceptical about her intentions to return to India?

I totally understand your frustration. In our (South Asian) culture parents are deemed very important and I can only imagine how heartbroken one can feel when government regulations stop us from having our parents come over to visit us and our kids. I have been lucky in this department since my parents are triple citizens like me and all three of my siblings are either Pakistani-Americans or Pakistani-Canadians, which translates to ease of travel to visit me in the US. However if that was not the case, I would have felt as frustrated as you (and others) feel.

I want to reiterate that my post was not intended to defend the action of the US consul(s), but just an attempt to portray their point of view.
I wish your mother the best of luck and hope she gets a visa soon to visit you in the US.

wheretogo said:
I understand that consulate have full power to reject. And also understand why my mother is not getting visa. But I can not help to improve anyway. She is 55 years old and never did job in life. I am only SON. She is alone in India and she can not run any business even I can show business on her name but still consulate can not agree that she is managing any business. I do not understand what hell consulate think, she will not come back to India after USA visit. But I am keeping trying every 6 months and see any consulate can give her visa.

Thanks

Thanks,

I have PR from Canada also and GC is pending in USA. I am thinking to go Canada so at least I can get my mother with me. And then continue GC process in USA and once I will get GC, I will come back and in USA.

Triple Citizen said:
Wheretogo,
Firstly let me clarify that I am not about to defend the US consul(s) who rejected your mother's visa application. However I now ask you to get in his/her shoes for a little while. A US consul on average has 45-60 seconds to make up his/her mind about a B-1/B-2 application. Let us look at the factors associated with your mother's application:-

(1) She does not have a job in India to "bring her back" to
(2) Her only son resides in the US
(3) She is alone in India (I apologise if that is not the case, but your post suggests that)

Now by law, every intending visitor to the US is deemed an immigrant. The burden of proof is on the applicant to convince otherwise. Now if you are a US consul and see an application from an unemployed middleage woman whose only son lives in the US, will you not be sceptical about her intentions to return to India?

I totally understand your frustration. In our (South Asian) culture parents are deemed very important and I can only imagine how heartbroken one can feel when government regulations stop us from having our parents come over to visit us and our kids. I have been lucky in this department since my parents are triple citizens like me and all three of my siblings are either Pakistani-Americans or Pakistani-Canadians, which translates to ease of travel to visit me in the US. However if that was not the case, I would have felt as frustrated as you (and others) feel.

I want to reiterate that my post was not intended to defend the action of the US consul(s), but just an attempt to portray their point of view.
I wish your mother the best of luck and hope she gets a visa soon to visit you in the US.

Wheretogo,
You can apply for your mother's Canadian immigrant visa once you establish residency in Canada. Right now that is not the case. Your mother may face exactly the same hurdles when applying for a Canadian visit visa.
Slightly off-topic but you also need to make a decision as to which country you want to establish "permanent" residency in. Once that is taken care of you can pursue avenues to bring your mother to that country on a temporary or permanent basis.

wheretogo said:
Thanks,

I have PR from Canada also and GC is pending in USA. I am thinking to go Canada so at least I can get my mother with me. And then continue GC process in USA and once I will get GC, I will come back and in USA.