How to bring wife for a GC holder asap

Thanks dr_lha :) Couple questions:

How can we prove that the decision to marry was made after he entered the United States?

How long does the AOS processing takes? Also, once he is in legal status can he enter and leave the country without any restrictions?

Is AOS the same as an Advance Parole? How long does that take? I guess my main concern here is, how soon can he start travelling back and forth once we get married.

Triplecitizen:

I didnt really realize that until you asked me why i referred to myself in third person here. Probably because I am still not a US Citizen, passed the interview and all, just waiting to take the Oath next month. We plan on getting married next month right after that.

The following questions may be asked or investigated when his I-485 is adjudicated.

Did he know you before he visited the US?
Was he engaged to you when he applied for his visit visa?
Did he mention you in his DS-156?
How long after entering the US did you two get married?
Was he employed outside the US when he entered or had already quit his job?
Etc, etc.

Since you are still not a US citizen, this may actually help you both :)

How can we prove that the decision to marry was made after he entered the United States?

PLEASE SEE MY RESPONSE BELOW. THANKS!

The following questions may be asked or investigated when his I-485 is adjudicated.

Did he know you before he visited the US? YES
Was he engaged to you when he applied for his visit visa? NO, COULD THAT BE AN ISSUE? HE APPLIED FOR HIS B-VISA BEGINNING OF LAST YEAR.
Did he mention you in his DS-156? NO
How long after entering the US did you two get married? IF WE GET MARRIED IN MAY, THAT WOULD BE ABOUT 15 MONTHS AFTER HE ENTERED US FOR THE FIRST TIME.
Was he employed outside the US when he entered or had already quit his job?
Etc, etc. YES, STILL WORKING IN THE COMPANY BASED IN INDIA/AUSTRALIA AND NOW US.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET AOS/ADVANCED PAROLE?

I AM SURE PROVING THAT THIS IS A REAL MARRIAGE WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM (AFTER DATING SOMEONE FOR 6 YEARS, IT REALLY SHOULDN'T BE :))

Since you are still not a US citizen, this may actually help you both :)

Looking at your responses I don't think his AOS will be tricky. However since he has already accrued close to 8 months of illegal presence, advance parole is out of the question. He risks a ban if he travels outside the US before getting his green card. So ask him to stay put until he gets his green card.
Good luck!!!

Confusion!!!

I dont think he has stayed in US illegally at all. He has been visiting every 2-3 months for 1-2 months (based on how long an entry he got at Immigration).

He entered the US again last month and can stay until June 6th (as per what Immigration stamped on his passport this time he entered). My question is, if we get married would he be able to stay back beyond june 6th, OR would he have to go back just like he has before?

I guess I made it way too confusing. Hope this makes more sense. :(

Looking at your responses I don't think his AOS will be tricky. However since he has already accrued close to 8 months of illegal presence, advance parole is out of the question. He risks a ban if he travels outside the US before getting his green card. So ask him to stay put until he gets his green card.
Good luck!!!

Sorry I got confused and thought he has been here since his first entry 15 months ago. He can stay beyond June 6th regardless of whether you both get married or not. However he will accrue illegal presence if AOS is not filed by then. However if you both get married and file for his GC before that date, then he will not accrue any illegal presence.

No Problem!

So my question now is how long AFTER we get married and file his GC and AOS does he have to stay here in the country until he can travel in/out of the US without any restrictions? Any ideas about that? Thanks!

Would it be illegal to travel before he obtains the Advance Parole Document? Is it possible to travel on his B-visa during those 90 days?

Hi,

She didn't indicated as "single" on ANY of her application. I am just asking that what IF she would apply for any of F- or B-type visa and would indicate that she is married to a GC holder then what is her chances to get a visa? Please also take into account H1-B visa denial :(

Thank you!

Hi,

She didn't indicated as "single" on ANY of her application. I am just asking that what IF she would apply for any of F- or B-type visa and would indicate that she is married to a GC holder then what is her chances to get a visa? Please also take into account H1-B visa denial :(

Thank you!