Posting Updated timeline

Status - Marriage-based GC
----------------------------------------------------------
11/8/08 (Day 0) - Sent 130,485,325A,693,864,765 to Chicago
11/10/08 (Day 2)- Received
11/20/08 (Day 12)- Notice Date & Checks Cashed
12/1/08 (Day 23)- FP Notice Received
12/9/08 (Day 31)- FP Completed

i AM ABOUT TO FILE I-130, I-485, I-864 EZ for my wife. I have a quick question regarding the fees for i-864 EZ. Do i have to include $70 for this form or it is already included in the $1010 required for i-485.

Thanks in advance and awesome forum.

RD

i AM ABOUT TO FILE I-130, I-485, I-864 EZ for my wife. I have a quick question regarding the fees for i-864 EZ. Do i have to include $70 for this form or it is already included in the $1010 required for i-485.

Thanks in advance and awesome forum.

RD

It is already included in your fee for 485/130 combined! No need to send $70.

Filed for spouse. Timeline below

I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 - [SJC]
12/11/08: Mailed (USPS express mail)
12/12/08: Received by USCIS
12/17/08: Checks cleared
12/18/08: Cases appeared online

I wonder how you could find out the cases appeared on line without getting the notice of receipt.thanks.

Filed for spouse. Timeline below

I wonder how you could find out the cases appeared on line without getting the notice of receipt.thanks.

Check back of the cleared checks. There is a # like MSC09xxxxxxxx
Mine was MSC09xxxxxx51, so add a few numbers to last digit and try it. It will give you case numbers :)
For example most probably MSC09xxxxxx53 will be I-485, MSC09xxxxxx55 will be I-130, MSC09xxxxxx56 will be I-765 and MSC09xxxxxx57 will be I-131

Last edited by a moderator:
i-131

Hi,

I am filling for spouse. have a quick question on i-131. Is there any alien registeration number for h1b holders. she is on h1b and i am USC.

please help.

Thanks

RD

Hi,

I am filling for spouse. have a quick question on i-131. Is there any alien registeration number for h1b holders. she is on h1b and i am USC.

please help.

Thanks

RD

No H1-B holders do NOT have a alien number until they apply for GC/ AOS (I-485).

Thanks

For spouse
12/26/08: FP notice received (no receipts received yet)
12/27/08: FP done (walk-in)

:confused:Hi all, I have a question. I just recently sent in my AOS, and we received 2 sets of NOA's for the applications. Has any one ever had this situation and what does it mean.
Here's my timeline
--------------------------------------
12/09/08- (0) Mailed I-130,I-485,I-864,I-693,G-325A,I-765(usps cert.)
12/12/08- (3) Received by USCIS
12/18/08- (9) NOA's sent for I-130,I-485,I-765
12/22/08- (13) NOA's received:)
12/22/08- (13) All 3 cases appeared online
12/22/08- (13) Checks cashed
12/26/08- (17) Received second set of NOA's with same sent date:confused:
12/29/08- (20) FP notice received
1/05/09 - (27) USCIS sent request for evidence (I-485)

Hi all, I have a question. I just recently sent in my AOS, and we received 2 sets of NOA's for the applications. Has any one ever had this situation and what does it mean.
Here's my timeline
--------------------------------------
12/09/08- (0) Mailed I-130,I-485,I-864,I-693,G-325A,I-765(usps cert.)
12/12/08- (3) Received by USCIS
12/18/08- (9) NOA's sent for I-130,I-485,I-765
12/22/08- (13) NOA's received:)
12/22/08- (13) Checks cashed
12/26/08- (17) Received second set of NOA's with same sent date:confused:

This is little strange. Have not heard of it but I guess it doesnt hurt to get something twice. May be second set that you received are mine ;-) I have not received it till date.

12/22/08: LUD I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131
12/23/08: LUD I-485
12/26/08: FP notice received (no receipts received yet)
12/27/08: FP done (walk-in)

Hello, I used this site for all my immigration needs. This helped me a lot..thanks to all. Here is my scenario..

I am a US citizen and we applied marriage based GC for my wife. We received a query on I485 for 'marriage certificate'.

We got married in India in 2005 and I had to come back to US soon after marriage and we did not apply for marriage certificate. My wife came few months after on H1 visa. We found out recently that we both have to be in India to apply for marriage certificate, and we have not been to India since we got married.

We applied for GC based on Affidavits from close relatives in US and other documents to show that we are living together. We also included our child birth certificate in the application. We just got the letter to submit marriage certificate.

Only way we can get marriage certificate is to go to India and apply. My wife is now on H1 extension and we are not comfortable to appear for visa interview as she was out of payroll for some time. We just learnt that we can not use the 'Advance Parole' to enter US if it is approved when she is out side the country.

Would like to know what our options are? Can we get marriage certificate in Consulate? Will that do? Do we have to have a marriage certificate? Would it work if we get affidavit from her parents and mine? Can we use advance parole to enter US? Can we change the process now as 'Consular process'?

Appreciate your response.

Hello, I used this site for all my immigration needs. This helped me a lot..thanks to all. Here is my scenario..

I am a US citizen and we applied marriage based GC for my wife. We received a query on I485 for 'marriage certificate'.

We got married in India in 2005 and I had to come back to US soon after marriage and we did not apply for marriage certificate. My wife came few months after on H1 visa. We found out recently that we both have to be in India to apply for marriage certificate, and we have not been to India since we got married.

We applied for GC based on Affidavits from close relatives in US and other documents to show that we are living together. We also included our child birth certificate in the application. We just got the letter to submit marriage certificate.

Only way we can get marriage certificate is to go to India and apply. My wife is now on H1 extension and we are not comfortable to appear for visa interview as she was out of payroll for some time. We just learnt that we can not use the 'Advance Parole' to enter US if it is approved when she is out side the country.

Would like to know what our options are? Can we get marriage certificate in Consulate? Will that do? Do we have to have a marriage certificate? Would it work if we get affidavit from her parents and mine? Can we use advance parole to enter US? Can we change the process now as 'Consular process'?

I suggest you post this message as new thread in this forum; so other members can see your problem & respond.

In my opinion why don't you get married at county clerks office here in US and you will get your marriage certificate in 2-3 weeks.

You can get the marriage certificate from the nearest Indian Embassy. They give a certificate and also stamp that she is ur wife and vice versa in both your passports. You can try sending this first.

Thanks,
Priya

please help, I got denied once before...

I applied after my father married his current wife, shes a Cuban, my dad is Salvadorean as am I, they got married the day after I turned 18 and so my application for residency got denied, but while it was looked over I got my social for a year and also my work permit, both expired now and I found out trough a person who works in the immigration offices that if my lawyer had appealed after I got denied I probably would have been approved because it was only one day over my birthday.
My question is-what do I need to fill out for my father to request me since they already have my I-130 in file and I already have a SSN, please help me.
Thanks in advance,

Sergio.

Questions for I-485

I am applying marriage based green card (husband is American citizen) by myself and have a few questions when filling up I-485 and would appreciate your help.

- A#: I have an employer based 485 pending so I have been assigned one A#. Should I put the A# on I-85 or not?

- Part 3 about Nonimmigration visa number, consulate where the visa was issued, and date when the visa was issued: Last time I re entered US, I used AP (filed concurrently with my employer based I-485 and was approved), so I didn't apply any visa. How should I fill up these?

Thanks a lot!

Filing 130 and I485 together

I recently got my US Citizenship and am applying for my wife’s GC( she is currently on H1 and will complete her 6yrs on H1B in April’09). So we are trying to rush this application so that she can get her EAD before April’09.
What I understand from reading the above thread is that one can file both I130 and I485(along with 131, 785, G 325A, 864) together without waiting for I130 to be approved.

Does this mean that she doesn’t has to wait for a “immediate immigration visa number” to be available which is provided after filing of I130 petition. If yes, what should we check under Part2 of I485:

a) An immigrant Petition giving me immediate availability of immigration visa number Or
b) My spouse applied was granted lawful permanent residence…..

If this Q has been answered earlier then my apologies, but I tried and couldn’t find the exact answer to my query. Thanks in advance.

I recently got my US Citizenship and am applying for my wife’s GC( she is currently on H1 and will complete her 6yrs on H1B in April’09). So we are trying to rush this application so that she can get her EAD before April’09.
What I understand from reading the above thread is that one can file both I130 and I485(along with 131, 785, G 325A, 864) together without waiting for I130 to be approved.

Does this mean that she doesn’t has to wait for a “immediate immigration visa number” to be available which is provided after filing of I130 petition. If yes, what should we check under Part2 of I485:

a) An immigrant Petition giving me immediate availability of immigration visa number Or
b) My spouse applied was granted lawful permanent residence…..

If this Q has been answered earlier then my apologies, but I tried and couldn’t find the exact answer to my query. Thanks in advance.

- For spouse, you don't have to wait for I-130 to be approved, so file I-485 along with I-130.
- Mark box 'h' and say: An immediate relative petition is being filed concurrently with this application.