How soon you got card after approval from local office?

Wang2Mazi

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, pls share your experience.

I got a 485 approval from Los Angeles local office and was informed at infopass that my files have been transferred back to CSC. I am wondering how soon I should get my card. On-line msgs never changed.

Anyone shed some lights? Thx.

Wang2Mazi said:
Hi guys, pls share your experience.

I got a 485 approval from Los Angeles local office and was informed at infopass that my files have been transferred back to CSC. I am wondering how soon I should get my card. On-line msgs never changed.

Anyone shed some lights? Thx.

Local office sends the file to service center with the white form that you signed and gave index fingerprint. once file reach the service center they will send Welcome letter and after the welcome letter the card production unit sends the card to your address. it may take about 1 month from the date local office sent the file back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx vsaksena.

Just saw LUD and following msg:

On July 6, 2006, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

I approved at Miami District Office on February 23, 2006. I haven't gotten my welcome notice or plastic yet

:mad:

accountant said:
I approved at Miami District Office on February 23, 2006. I haven't gotten my welcome notice or plastic yet

:mad:
file Form G-731, - Inquiry About Status of I-551 Alien
Registration Card

ginnu said:
file Form G-731, - Inquiry About Status of I-551 Alien
Registration Card

Thanks,

but which service center should I chose? My case was pending at NCS, and was approved at Miami District Office.

Got my approval in 09/2005 at a local office and received the card in 02/2006. So, it took me about 4.5 months. I filed a G-731 in 01/2006 after 90 days of approval, but never received any response regarding that form... Anyway, I think the timeframe between local approval and receiving GC varies a lot from place to place. Don't worry though; you'll get it.

plastic card received in 6 weeks

I went to L.A. district office for I-751 stamping on June 9, 06; the actual green card was received on July 24, 06.

For those who are anxiously waiting for the card, all I have to say is just relax. It will come in the mail. Just give it about 6 to 10 weeks. It will come.

member1904 said:
I went to L.A. district office for I-751 stamping on June 9, 06; the actual green card was received on July 24, 06.

For those who are anxiously waiting for the card, all I have to say is just relax. It will come in the mail. Just give it about 6 to 10 weeks. It will come.
Thanks, Member1904 for the info. Did you see any changes in LUD or tracking messages?

Today we received my wife's card and two days ago we received mine.

Thanks all for the help and I appreciate this great forum.

Approved Sep 5, welcome letter received Sep 11, card ordered Sep 12, received Sep 18. (no typos thanks God!)

Last edited by a moderator: