How soon can I change job with 485 approved?

desiyaar

Registered Users (C)
Facts:
I485 approved day before i was suppose to resign from current employer (continued employment for 5 years)
Prospective employer can wait upto 2.5 months for hiring me ( that is maximum limit).
I do not want to jeoparadize my naturalization five years down the road because of quick change of employment after GC received.
Current employer is not laying off else might be easier, as someone suggested.
Lawyer of prospective employer suggests 2 months is good time to change w/o impacting naturalization process.

What is considered as safe period? Is 2 months safe before switching to new employer? Appreciate early comments. Thanks!

desiyaar said:
Facts:
I485 approved day before i was suppose to resign from current employer (continued employment for 5 years)
Prospective employer can wait upto 2.5 months for hiring me ( that is maximum limit).
I do not want to jeoparadize my naturalization five years down the road because of quick change of employment after GC received.
Current employer is not laying off else might be easier, as someone suggested.

Lawyer of prospective employer suggests 2 months is good time to change w/o impacting naturalization process.

What is considered as safe period? Is 2 months safe before switching to new employer?
----------many lawyers say 6 months
Appreciate early comments. Thanks!

6 Months

Many lawyer's suggest, it is safe to wait atleast for 6 months before we can switch the company.

There is no law that says that we need to work for this much period after GC is approved.

But, in general..people wait for 6 months or greater.

If we shift before, then the officer may question may think u waited for GC and shifted too soon.(this question arises when u apply for citizenship).

Hope this helps.