How much time needed for Interim EAD ??

atulpk

Registered Users (C)
I had applied for my 4th EAD at TSC in Sept 2001. Since it\'s been more than 90 days and I haven\'t received an approval yet, we decided to get an Interim EAD from local district office (Oklahoma City). My current EAD expires on Feb 20 (in 10 days). After applying to local INS, they told me that I will be sent an appointment letter within 3 weeks !!

Does it really take that long for an Interim EAD? My understanding was that one would get it within a day or so....

If anyone here has had an Interim EAD, please respond.

thanks.

EB3 India
PD Jul 98
ND Nov 99
FP2 : Nov 2001
4th EAD applied Sept 2001.

No Title

Find the nearest district office and walk in. You should get the interim EAD on the same day.

That\'s exactly what I did!!!

After walking into my local INS office, I told my story. But their response was: "this is a small office, we have lot of back log for interim EADs. We will send an appointment letter for you in 2-3 weeks"... That\'s ridiculous!

I wanted to know if there are any ppl out there who had the same experience?

No Title

I did get the Interin EAD same day from dallas District office. Surprisingly after 7 days I got me original EAD in Mail.
EB2
ND Nov2000

All local INS offices are not district office..

In district office unless the dates were not near 90 days or more EAD is never refused...

Where\'s Dallas District office? I want to go there! Pls help!

Do you know the physical address of Dallas District office? or INS Tesax Center?
I want to go there to get my wife\'s EAD.

Thank you!

About EAD,can anyone help me?

RD: 17th jan\'02,FP : 1st feb \'02,no EAD yet,i wanted to know whether we can get EAD from local INS office before 90 days?..

I presume you have internet access...

This information is by searching the INS site (That is what I did for finding Miami District office)http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/dallas/index.htm

You need a copy of your 485 receipt, original (or copy) of EAD receipt and an ID, with names matching everywhere.

I tried calling the Miami District office but was rudely cut off. (The INS site asked me to call for EAD). I took a risk and went to Miami. EAD applicants were "herded" along with other non priority applicants. But after a 6hr wait I was able to get to an officer and I was given the Interim EAD the same day afternoon.
Incidentally I also received the actual EAD a week after that!!
Hope this helps...