• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How much money I have to show?

bluetooth_2005

My interview for DV2005 is very soon. I am a Masters student here in Canada. How much money I should show so that it would be sufficient?

Thanks

$9-10K US dollars (a job offer would also be great. Since you are a master's student, and you speak English, the consular officer wouldn't be harsh. You need to show that your chances of assimilation, finding a good job and being able to support yourself are good.

money and support

Hello.I from IRAN . I won 2006 lottery green card and my case number is : AS000047XX . I have mailed the forms 230 and 122 to KCC afew days before.
But I still have some problems .
I think that I can have about 5 or 6000$ . is it enough ?. if not will they reject me on interview date?
And can I show my another wealth like car , house and etc?
In my notification letter there is one thing that I must bring whit me on interview date and that says:

"Original Notarized Affidavit Of Support I-134
Completed carefully and Notarized , With All The Supporting
Documents . Please Read Instructions Very carefully On
Form I-134 . Or Personal Funds in The Forms OF Bank
Statements in U.S. Dollars Or U.A.E. Dirhams."

I don’t know that I must transfer this money to the united states or not? And would my money be blocked or not?
my another question is about "evidence of support" . do I must have this?

Please , please help and explain to me?
Thank you .
Bye.