How many trips are allowed by the USCIS for citizenship?

aliciakate

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,

On the instructions of N-400, they said that too many trip can deny the application for citizenship.

So, how many trips are allowed by the USCIS for citizenship? because I'm expected to travel more than 20 times during the next 3 years each 2 weeks.

Thanks for replies

there is no limit, per se, imposed by USCIS ...duration of your trips and contunuity of residency are the key factors.

Suggest disclose and count all your trips....

If you have been out of the country on continious basis more than 6 month within one trip....be prepared to explain that to USCIS and usually you are required to obtain re-entry permit...(in fact this is a requirement for maintaining LPR (GC) status...) Be careful, before you apply for USCIS...if you think you broke LPR requirements, you may want to postpone your application..... my 2 cents

Hello guys,

On the instructions of N-400, they said that too many trip can deny the application for citizenship.

So, how many trips are allowed by the USCIS for citizenship? because I'm expected to travel more than 20 times during the next 3 years each 2 weeks.

Thanks for replies

20 trips of 2 weeks each over the next 3 years in itself is not an issue for continuous residence requirement, but can be if you are working in another country for a non US company (ie:you're working and getting paid in foreign country as if you were living there).

I had 19 trips totaling 290 days out of the US and the only comment officer made at the interview was "No trips over 60 days? Good." My longest trip was 46 days.

Disclose...

You should discolse all the trips as it is very easy to find out from the number of stamps in your passport during the interview; if the IO flip the pages on your passport. I have about 15 trips or so...

After I got my GC, my attorney send me a congrts letter and a form to fil up for all the overseas trip I will have the future and I was documenting my trips for the last 5 years so it was easy for me at the time of N400 application...

Good Luck!