How many origianl copies of AP you have?

binbin

Registered Users (C)
Some friends got three original copies of AP. I only got one copy, is that normal?I called the lawyer and he told me he kept one copy. Should I take all the original copies when I leave US for travel?Thanks.

Some friends got three original copies of AP.
--- Some service centers give 2 some service centers give 3
I only got one copy, is that normal? I called the lawyer and he told me he kept one copy.
---- Why the lawyer kept one copy? He should give ALL the AP copies to YOU. AP is for you not for lawyer. Ask him to give you all the copies if he wants copy let him make a Xerox copy; I don’t understand why he kept the copy he is not supposed to keep your AP.

Should I take all the original copies when I leave US for travel?

------ Take all the AP copies from lawyer and take it with you, also take the I-485 filing receipt from lawyer

Was your AP mailled to your lawyer? Even if a lawyer filles AP, AP is generally mailled directly to the beneficiary. USCIS do this to prevent fraud as to someone wrong getting their hands on someone else' AP and using it.

IF AP is filed through lawyer AP is mailed to Lawyer. If EAD is applied through Lawyer EAD is NOT sent to lawyer EAD is mailed to you.

Ginnu is right.
My AP was mailed to lawyer. When he received the two copies, he kept one and mailed me one copy.

Originally posted by guju
Was your AP mailled to your lawyer? Even if a lawyer filles AP, AP is generally mailled directly to the beneficiary. USCIS do this to prevent fraud as to someone wrong getting their hands on someone else' AP and using it.

vurd,
My AP was send to me even though my lawyer filled it. Yes he has filled the attorney representation form for me.

I got three copies.
Went out on vacations and came back to US on December 26th.
Immigration officer at secondary inspection just stamped one copy and returned the other two untouched. I wonder what are the rest of copies for.

I had read elsewhere that some immigration officer had also discarded the extra copies.

I read somewhere that of the 3 copies, one is our personal copy, one is to be given to AP officer on port of entry and one to be given at airport before boarding a flight. So after u travel once u can use the one remaining copy everywhere.