How many Oct'03 485 approvals?

wantgcasap

Registered Users (C)
I see that VSC approved couple of 2004 cases. I'm not sure on what basis they are approving cases ???? Trying to understand the VSC pattern...
would appreciate if Oct'03 ppl can post their approvals..

wantgcasap said:
I see that VSC approved couple of 2004 cases. I'm not sure on what basis they are approving cases ???? Trying to understand the VSC pattern...
would appreciate if Oct'03 ppl can post their approvals..

There are several Oct 2003 approvals in the tracker at http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=979692#post979692. If you check http://www.rupnet.com/immigration/reports/approvaltrack.asp?place=100&predefined=1&mplace=1, you will find some in there also. Alternatively, check the stats at www.immigrationwatch.com -- they're showing 63 Oct 2003 approvals (and 1186 transfers...). The scanning threads are also somewhat useful http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=979350#post979350.

Note that apparently the VSC is using a separate location to process Apr - Oct 2003 cases and they are supposedly aiming to complete those by March 2005 (http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=147404&highlight=confirmed).

IMO, things are going to slow down a bit for Oct 2003 people because of the upcoming holidays and because there are quite a few cases for Aug and Sep 2003. My own ND is 10/23/03 which is why I'm following Oct 2003 processing so closely :p.

At least some of the recent 2004 approvals appear to be concurrently processed cases (I-140 / I-485 approved at almost the same time) per the April 2004 "FO memo".

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
nd oct 20 2003 still waiting...Lud is changing almost everyday...16,17,18,19,22 ! maybe everyday they come to work they open my file as if it was in their startup menu :)

Well I did address change a month ago and online message changed to "we responded to you request...blah blah.....

just waiting...

ND Oct. 7, only had the first FP on 11/05, still waiting for FP #2 and plastic. I don't know what are they doing!! My lawyer told me it could take a lot because they are going back and forth in time un order to clear all the old pending cases...
I wish they could work better...

vsc Oct 2003 485

Hi,

Mine is concurrent filing EB2 (140/485) at VSC with ND Oct 3, 03.
My I140 got aproved in Apr 04.
Got finger printed in Sep, 04.

Waiting for approval :D

Are there any Oct 2003 485 filers out there whose receipt number starts with eac040*******? I have not seen even a single case starting with eac040*******. Anyone with eac's similar to mine please post your details. Thanks.

I think VSC cases are approved randomly. No pattern or order. They are approving few cases from each month until Apr 2004 so that people will stop complaining and stop filing law suits and stop contacting senators. Dont you think so... :confused: ..

Good Luck to all those waiting. :D

tunnish said:
Are there any Oct 2003 485 filers out there whose receipt number starts with eac040*******? I have not seen even a single case starting with eac040*******. Anyone with eac's similar to mine please post your details. Thanks.

All Oct 2003 cases are in EAC040015XXXX through about EAC040225XXXX since the number is tied to the number of working days into the fiscal year since October 1st, 2003. My own case number is EAC040165XXXX for a 10/23/03 ND.

tunnish said:
I think VSC cases are approved randomly. No pattern or order. They are approving few cases from each month until Apr 2004 so that people will stop complaining and stop filing law suits and stop contacting senators.

There is a bit of a random element to the approvals but at this point most of the activity appears to be for Jul through Sep 2003 cases. The latest scan results from nemessis (hopefully later today) should show this.

We've seen a trickle of approvals for Oct. 2003 cases recently (and quite a few LUD changes) and I expect to start seeing this pick up within the next month or so. There are quite a lot of Aug and Sep 2003 cases plus the holidays are coming up which may slow things down somewhat. The retrogression of priority dates might help speed up approvals for some older cases since (if it happens) the retrogression will mean that some more recently filed cases will need to wait for their PD to become current (Note: this will probably only affect natives of India, China and maybe the Philippines who filed in EB3).

About 1 month ago, I was predicting that my case (ND 10/23/03) might be approved by about February/March 2005 (with a decreasing odds of earlier / later processing). From what I can tell, the VSC might be ahead of that pace at this point -- by 1-2 months so my hope is to see many October approvals by the end of January at this point.

And, while this isn't totally confirmed, there are supposedly 2 VSC locations working on I-485's. One of these is handling Apr-Oct 2003 cases and is supposed to be done with these by March 2005.

ETA

Congrats Dash... Your spouse should be approved soon.

Do you know why they did not approve your spouse's application?

Oct guys please post your approvals here with a :D :D :D .

Thanks