How many initiated the Case Status inquiry with RD < 06/01/2003

Add me to the list ......dont know if i want to cry or laugh :confused:

RD 12/13/2002
ND 01/17/2003
LUD 11/04, 11/05, 11/10 ... RFE

Has anyone received the actual mail yet (not the email, but actual postal mail with the acutal response)?

Please tell us about what they say

I had initiated a status inquiry on 10/22/2004 and got the same email today as others got :

On November 8, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30
days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I also got the same thing today(1PM):

On November 9, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Any Thoughts?

I did on November 3rd and this is what I got in the email today.

Receipt Number: EAC03087*****

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 8, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Hmmm..Add me in too

Red_Card is right...Looks like they have done a one shot response to all those who called for inquiry...
May be they have got clever now...It may be that they have writted a program to generate these responses automatically...Good customer service...When they go to privatise social security may be they have to add-in USCIS too...Other solution may be to outsource their jobs to India ...We suffered...hopefully our predecessors will not.

Add me to this list of people getting "We responded to your inquiry...." status change. The funny thing for me is that, just like Roj, my wife and me have been approved on Nov 2 and Nov 8 respectively, and we have already recieved welcome letter for my wife (waiting for me). Now on Nov 10, they update message saying "we responded to your inquiry..."

Here is my theory for what it is worth:

Just like we have different groups in our companies, VSC also has I-140 group, I-485 group, EAD group, AP group, and a "Response-to-inquiries" group. Looks like response-to-inquiries group got their act together, sent out a bunch of responses, and changed status message for all - irrespective of what your status is - pending, FP2, RFE, or even approved.

Way to go, VSC!!!

That's correct.
Lesson Learnt: Status enquire is a big waste of time. These INS idiots are wasting paper, postal fee etc by sending those stupid notices.

I did enquiry on 11/04/2004 and she said that i will get a notification with in 30 days.....lets hope again

RD: Nov 2002
ND: Dec 2002
FP1: fe 2003
FP2: Aug 2004

Thanks
Raju

LUD changed again today, 3 days in a row. Yesterday I got LUD change for status enquiry. Today, Its a puzzle???

Mine did

LUD form 11/10 to 11/11. I wonder what is going on. Probably a blanket approval to all of us. Hey at least we can hope for miracles.

probably buggy program by buggy programmer to buggy USCIS personnel

My case status also has an LUD of 11/11 after it got changed yesterday. I attribute this change to buggy program written by a buggy programmer for buggy USCIS personnel :D :D