How many initiated the Case Status inquiry with RD < 06/01/2003

This is only for your consolation

Again my own humble opnion. I did initiate Status Enquiry.

However, this is only for your own consolation that you are pursuing a
case-delay with this sick government agency. This isn't going to affect
your case in any way whatsoever.

Thus, if you get an approval, it would have come anyway, even if
you didn't initiate Status Enquiry.

Ordinarily, as in my ill-fated case of Sept 2002 RD for I-485, you may
expect a hackneyed standard reply from USCIS telling you that its in
progress and that you may check back after 30 days again.

You can keep moving that 30-day window indefinitely till a case decision.

Can't believe I have been waiting so patiently for so long. Sure it's standard wait another 30 days respond.

Rd 08/23/02, ND:09/05/02

Lawyer's letter or phone inquiry

My wife just called NSC yesterday for case status inquiry.

Do you think inquiry letter from lawyer is more effective?
Or the inquiry from Congressman?

Thanks.

How to check the status on FP results with FBI?

My wife got her Fingerprints done on Sept 15th. There is no acknowledgement that the results were received.

I did my FP on Sept. 11th and on Sept 15th, the LUD showed that they received the FP results.

How does initiate an inquiry with the FBI? I remember seeing on one of the threads people were able to do it?

I initiated case status inquiry on Oct 22nd 2004 and started this thread , but no news yet !!

There will be no news .... in response to INQUIRY.

Actually .. this enquiry department is outsourced by USCIS to India and in India this contract was taken over by Municpal Department.

Now they do take inquiry but, as you know the system ....

My husband initiate a status inquiry on Oct 13rd, the online message says that they responds with the inquiry on Oct 26th, however, we haven't got anything in the mail yet. I don't care so much about the reply in the mail since I have known that my husband name checking is pending in FBI for almost two years!I guess I would see some 'pending security checking' reason from USCIS reply.

Yes!! got the response...

for my query on Oct 25th....

It looks like their standard 'lack of man power letter' is on my way. If there is a will there is a way...i.e if USCIS has the will to approve our case it will happen. it seems they don't have the intention of clearing older cases, but enthusiastic in clearing newly filed cases. :(

On November 9, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I received two emails stating the standard message

On November 9, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

What might be the information??? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got an e-mail on my case at around 1 pm EST

On November 9, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Same old message .. nothing new .. They probably had sent a letter for lack of man power and check back 60 days/more

Initated enquiry on 10/22/2004 for my below reciept, just now received a mail from USCIS saying

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 8, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30
days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283"

what does it mean? is it RFE? or any

I140/I-485 - RD 04/25/2003
EB3
FP1: 02/19/2004
LUD:02/20/2004,08/12/2004,09/09/2004,11/08/2004,11/10/2004

count me in. Just got the e-mail around 1:00PM EST. I called for initiated a query on 10/21/04 and my case was approved on 11/03/04 I have finished my PPS yesterday (11/09/04). Now, I have just got this mail ??????

Message updated after status inquiry

I had initiated a status inquiry on 10/22/2004 - My online case status was updated to the following a few hours back. But I don't this this means anything since I have seen other people on the forum get something similar. It just looks like a standard message.

Here is the updated online message:

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 8, 2004, we responded to your request for more information
concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30
days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

kvpt_mm

So that was what the LUD was all about on 11/3, 11/4

I initiated enquiry on 10/25 so they might mail me the letter in couple of days. Sad to find that out.

It looks like from the Roj86 response , these status inquiries are nothing but making us fools. They must have a standard format for this kind of inquiries.

I also got FAX response for my expedite request, saying that my request is not eligible to expedite the case adjudication and do not inquire again.

I guess ther are doing one shot response for all who did status enquiry

This is what I got for me and my wife