how many days to see approval/RFE/denial after LUD change(s) for 140?

consolidating EB-2 filed in 2004 and not approved yet!

I have consolidated the list of all EB-2 users listed in the tracker for which no I-140 approval info is recorded yet. Anyone below heard anything regarding approval or initiated enquiry with VSC/contacted congressman etc?

[ someone could make a corresponding list for EB-3 cases as well ] ...

Active users listed in the 2004 I-140 tracker:
1) Sudh
2) phillybanker
3) gc_hopefull (did you hear back after RFE response?)
4) aniraj (did you hear back after RFE response?)
5) ctlabor
6) gc5-28
7) VermontMA
8) AwaitingGC04
9) sprintgc
10) ascii_boston - I have asked lawyer to initiate inquiry last week...don;t know if he has done that since I havent heard back from him yet.

Tracker needs to be updated with I-140 approvals for the following users:
1) gc12301975 (tracker needs to be updated with approval on oct 10 2004)
2) ravikm (tracker needs to be updated with approval in first week of jan 2004)
3) sisukapalli (tracker needs to be updated with I-140 AD 6/3/05)
heritage (inactive user? - last post Aug 2004)

Inactive/invalid users in 2004 tracker? :
1) avi_waitGC (inactive user? - last post July 2004)
2) aniltripathi (inactive user? - last post dec 2004)
3) vpr1 (inactive user? - last post june 2004)
4) scn0718 (inactive user? - last post oct 2004)
5) rathan raj (inactive user? - last post jan 2005)
6) zc03_when (invalid user?)
7) gcenigma (invalid user?)
8) meiltcq (inactive user? - last post Jul 2004)

Got Reply from VSC

My layer sent letter to VSC requesting them to update the online status, because my online status has not changed since we sent the reply to RFE.
Yesterday he got a letter from VSC saying that my case is at Officer for review and the decision will be made soon.

Thanks

Question on 140 Receipt

Dear Gurus,

I filed my 140 and 485 on Jun-17 and was received by USCIS on Jun-20th. I am waiting for 140 receipt to file for my H1 extension. I have not received it yet. Is there a way to find out if USCIS has sent the receipt notice or not.

Thanks in advance
Booshan

Just wanted to check if there are any updates from guys waiting after sending RFE for more than 2 months......has anyone raised a case status check with USCIS

EAD / AP Question

Friends,
my 140/485/EAD/AP RD at VSC is Feb 28, 2004
I have seen som LUDs two months back and there are no message changes / email notifications. Currently VSC EAD and AP dates moved ahead of my RD by almost 2 months. What does this mean. Is it possible for me to find the status form VSC, please advice

Thanks,

I-140 and I-485 concurrent approval !!

I just saw online on my case status that both my I-140 and I-485 have been approved concurrently! What a relief after this long 3-year process and waiting for more than 13 months for my I-140.

As I mentioned before, I had initiated a case status inquiry for my I-485 about 4 weeks ago and my lawyer also initiated an inquiry for the I-140 2 weeks ago. I don't know if that helped or if USCIS finally noticed my petition.

In any case, I certainly think it is good to pro-actively pursue/push USCIS in any way possible for those of us waiting beyond the standard time line... atleast there is some probability that they will do something about it!

Good luck everyone else...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

ascii_boston said:
I just saw online on my case status that both my I-140 and I-485 have been approved concurrently! What a relief after this long 3-year process and waiting for more than 13 months for my I-140.

As I mentioned before, I had initiated a case status inquiry for my I-485 about 4 weeks ago and my lawyer also initiated an inquiry for the I-140 2 weeks ago. I don't know if that helped or if USCIS finally noticed my petition.

In any case, I certainly think it is good to pro-actively pursue/push USCIS in any way possible for those of us waiting beyond the standard time line... atleast there is some probability that they will do something about it!

Good luck everyone else...
Congratulations ascii-boston, After long wait!!!
Please can you share the information about what reply you got after you initiated status enquiry on 485. I am also in the similar situation. 140/485 ND: April 2004: 140 RFE reply received April 12, 2005; After initial 3 LUDs there is no reply so far. I initiated status enquiry about my 485 six weeks back and I got reply saying that it is pending the final review stage and it may take 45-60 days.
Thanks in advance

congrats ascii_boston.......finally the long wait paid off for you.....i am happy that it came out with flying colors....enjoy

can someone answer to this please

sm2017 said:
Friends,
I have seen som LUDs two months back and there are no message changes / email notifications. Currently VSC EAD and AP dates moved ahead of my RD by almost 2 months. What does this mean. Is it possible for me to find the status form VSC, please advice

Thanks,

sm2017 said:
Friends,

Thanks,

call the VSC guys and raise a case status check......you will get status on your application within 30 days of your call.

Thanks for your reply Pallu2004, will this has to be done by the lawyer or can I do it myself? are there any cons by doing this?

140 case status check has to raised either by your employer or your representing attorney....i dont see any cons in doing the same.....it is good in a way u will get some info.

PAUL123 said:
Congratulations ascii-boston, After long wait!!!
Please can you share the information about what reply you got after you initiated status enquiry on 485. I am also in the similar situation. 140/485 ND: April 2004: 140 RFE reply received April 12, 2005; After initial 3 LUDs there is no reply so far. I initiated status enquiry about my 485 six weeks back and I got reply saying that it is pending the final review stage and it may take 45-60 days.
Thanks in advance

Thanks Paul, Pallu. Good luck for your approvals and hang in there, you'll be there soon.

Paul I got the same response on 485 last week that it is pending the final review stage and then 1 week later got the approval. I think that is a good sign.

Pallu you'll hear about your status check soon. I got my response in a little less than 4 weeks after I submitted an inquiry.

just wanted to check if any guys have updates on their RFE submission for 140.....looks like VSC is sleeping on RFE's

is it good to follow up ?

I have follow up with my company lawyer. He told me that last week. He talks to Office who is working with my I140 and talk to supervisor also.

I am also talking to congressman. He told me last month that your file was with officer and if you do not receive anything in 30 days , call again congress man office again follow up. 30 days is finished this week.

Not sure. it is good or bad to follow up ????

I140 RD : Dec 2003 (Yes 2003)
Eb3/India
PD : SEP 2001

pallu2004 said:
just wanted to check if any guys have updates on their RFE submission for 140.....looks like VSC is sleeping on RFE's

Help on filing for EAD

Gurus,

I am on H1 now. I want to file for EAD using 485 receipt.

There is one item

11.Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?

I don't understand if they are asking if I had applief for EAD, or it includes H1-B too?

Can you pl. clarify?

Thanks
Booshan.

sheela_booshan said:
Gurus,

I am on H1 now. I want to file for EAD using 485 receipt.

There is one item

11.Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from USCIS?

I don't understand if they are asking if I had applief for EAD, or it includes H1-B too?

Can you pl. clarify?

Thanks
Booshan.

Sheela,

This is the question regarding your previous EAD which would be either from your undergrad or grad completion from U S college, which they also called Practical training. If you don't have that then, you don't have to worry about.

Hope this helps.

140 cleared

After 7 months waiting, my 140 finally got approved.
140 filed 12/17/2004, RFE 3/5/2005, RFE reply 5/3/2005, approved 7/12/2005
485 filed 12/17/2004, LUD 4/20/2005
My lawyer told me because my case was filed in EB3, and because visa for 2005 had been used up, so my 485 may not be approved until Oct 2005.

Congressman

Today I called Congressman. He called VSC to find out my I140 status. VSC told him that, there are backlog on I140 Query replied cases. Nothing wrong with my file. They are working to backlog. so it will take another 30 days....

Even I called my company layer. he told me that who ever is working on I140. that office is on vacation till August 1st or 8th. Once he will come back then you will get something......

So not sure...what will happen.... GOD helps me...

I140 RD DEC 2003
I140 Replied 8th April 2005.

Thanks,