How many days does it say on your first notice for N400?

shopgirl

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, I would like to find out the number of days for USCIS to process N400 as it was addressed on the first receipt notice after you filed. Mine says 425 days since January 30, 2007. :confused:Thanks!

Mine says 248 days - PD is July 23, 2007

My husband applied in August 2006 and his said 248 days too.

We both applied to NSC & Seattle DO

We used to call that message in the reciept a GENERIC message:d
they don't really follow that one either. So to answers to your question I should say God knows.

I remember that my GC PD was saying 600 days. For citizenship 730 days?WOW.
You should probably send them flower

Thank you for your responses.. wow 700+ days after you file June 07! That's just crazy! FYI, my notice came from California Service Center at Laguna Niguel, CA and I just made an INFO PASS appointment in the office in downtown LA. So I am the IO at that office will shed some light on my case :)

Have you gone to your Infopass appointment yet? + could you give us some info about your timeline if you have not?

Thanks

My Info Pass appintment will be 2 weeks from now. I will definitely keep you guys posted :)

Time Line:
PD: 1/30/07 (CA service center at Laguna Niguel)
FD: 2/16/07
First Info Pass appt: 9/07 (Background check pending)
First Service Request: 12/07 (Background check pending, contact USCIS after 425 days as addressed in the first receipt notice!)

My receipt had said around 425 days, but I think that's a generic message. I became a citizen 5 months after my receipt date which was in June.

My wife's receipt which was dated the same as mine had the same number of days and she became a citizen 6 1/2 months later.

We were a bit worried when we first saw the number of days as one of the reasons we had applied in June was to be able to vote in next years elections in addition to beating the fee increase. A 400-day wait would have cut it pretty close.

Derek

YOu said you applied in June? and 6.5 months from June will be Jan. 2008?
Do you mind to let us know about your timeline?

Tanx

My NOA mentioned 180 days (6 months minus three days). The Interview took place 6 months minus one day from the Priority Date.
----------------------
Detroit DO - NSC
09/28/98 Entered on K-1 (Fiance) Visa
12/19/98 Married with US Citizen (still happily married 9 years after )
12/24/98 Filed I-485, I-130, I-765 in OKC (NSC)
01/03/99 Moved to Texas (TSC)
05/xx/00 Moved to Eastern PA (VSC)
11/xx/00 Moved to Central NJ (VSC)
03/19/01 LPR
03/xx/03 Received GC dated 03/19/2001
03/20/07 N-400 Priority Date
04/12/07 FP done
09/19/07 Interview passed :)
10/26/07 Naturalized Citizen :)

Vorpal, do you time travel? Your sinature says you have done your FP on Dec. 26? Who is the next president. hah?

Sorry guys I have been watching too much of Heroes I guess.

Not only do I time travel, I teleport too! ;)

As I'm sure you already know, the 12/26 is the appointment date.

In the past, before the frontlog/backlog situation, there was little time between receipt, cheque cashing, and fingerprinting, so the number of days (180, 365, 450 etc etc) could be said to start from around the PD. Now, when many have waited more than 16 weeks for receipt, I suppose our count of the "number of days" starts from the day they cashed our cheque? Or does it still start from the priority date?

"Processing time" really only starts once they input our data, I guess, which means the 16 weeks prior to cheque cashing doesn't count.

Any opinions?

Oh wait - no iImean the 16 to 18 months processing time - not the "number of days" - the number of days is from NOA, as stated. :-(