How many Codes are used for BIO?

mkhursh

Banned
Gang & the forum,

Any idea as to how many codes are used by USCIS for BIO? As I mentioned earlier, my BIO request has CODE 2. Trying to figure out what it means.

Regards,
MK

Code "2" = Take a Digital Picture & Fingerprint of just Index finger

Code "4" = Take Digital Fingerprints of all Fingers and Thumb

I did fingers and thumb in May 04!

Lazerthegreat said:
Code "2" = Take a Digital Picture & Fingerprint of just Index finger

Code "4" = Take Digital Fingerprints of all Fingers and Thumb

Hey Lazer,

Thankyou, with your answer comes another question. Does USCIS use index finger print for GC? I did all fingers and thumb back in May 04! :D

It's just another twisted way of adding humor to a question, not trying to be ugly. ;)

Regards,
MK

These bios are specifically meant for your GC. Both Pic taken and index FP would print on GC.

Previously FP was for their database (FBI check etc)

Thankyou.

Lazerthegreat said:
These bios are specifically meant for your GC. Both Pic taken and index FP would print on GC.

Previously FP was for their database (FBI check etc)

Lazer,

Thankyou.

Regards,
MK

My friend received a bio request(it says "ASC Appointment Notice", not figureprint) with CODE 1. What does Code 1 mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
wy007 said:
My friend received a bio request(it says "ASC Appointment Notice", not figureprint) with CODE 1. What does Code 1 mean?

Wy,

I don't know, wait for other members to read the post. Hopefully they will respond.

MK

Lazer, do u have a clue about what code 1 is?

Besides, did u guys receive a FP notice with codes or a BIO notice with codes? I saw some posts mention that FP has codes from 1 to 3 while Lazer mentioned code 4.

"Code 2 is for biometrics only (index FP and photo)
Code 1 is the regular 10 finger FP
and Code 3 is both."

I think they are for FP notices

Code 1 is when they take a total fingerprint of your hand. i.e. putting your 4 fingers together and taking a blue print of hand.

Lazer, what's that used for? What's difference between that and a normal FP? BTW, he never had a FP before.

Is this still a good news?

Well! although taking FP's only on tips of fingers is a reliable method and FP's are unique to every person, scientific research has proven that length of fingers and lines are also unique to individual. FBI wants to be as accurate as possible and maybe thats why they take a whole print of upper part of hand so that if there is a confusion in matching FPs, atleast they have other source of matching hand prints, as an FBI employee told me!

AT the top of your fingerprint notice is a box for “code.”

Code 1 is for a fingerprinting appointment; This is generated if your fingerprints have expired(15 Months)

Code 2 is for a biometrics appointment;

and Code 3 is a combination fingerprinting/biometrics
appointment.

wantmygcnow, this is not a FP notice. It says "ASC appointment notice" and "biometrics" with "code 1". "figureprint" doesn't appear at all.

Any idea?