How many Aug 2001 cases left?

jacky9875

Registered Users (C)
am I the only remaining Aug case here..
Called 2 weeks ago, said my case was assigned.
Haven't heard any news ever since.

RD:08/16/01
ND:10/10/01

Sadly, I am here too. Spoke with IIO Aug 27 and she said my case had just gone into the dept. I mistook it as being assigned but I guess it first sits in a staging area for 10 days. Told me to hear something by Sep 20, no rest for the weary.

RD 8/15/01
ND 10/12/01

Seems like VA cases are handled differently

as I can see, you are in VA too...wonder why VA cases are handled in such a slow way....

I dont know about staging area but i called IIO on Aug 15th and she said to check back after 2 months :(

I spoke to IIO a couple of days back and He said my case is assigned on sept 4th.

the wait continues...

RD Aug 29

I was told case transferred to processing area in the last week of August. You are ahead. RD August 23; ND October 16. She also said it would take 30 days. I wonder how much time before it is assigned to an officer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anita G. - I think you are from India not from NYC...

Anita G. - I think you are from India not from NYC...

snowman5: If I was originally from NYC, I wouldn't be on this portal, now would I? My case is from NYC, I live and work in NYC, my law firm is in NYC. Like most New Yorkers, I am not from New York but consider myself one - is that specific enough?

that was a good reply anita.
I used to feel sorry for the left out july filers some time ago, never imagined I will be in the same boat. Every night when I check the avm, when I hear " on january". I hang up, but cannot stop checking.
I am sure we will all get approved soon... hope the IIO won't request my I140 from the consulate (CP case).

RD Aug 29

Mine is a Cp approved I-140 case too. According to the IIO this is not a cause for delay. She said the papers are called from the consulate once the case goes into the system. I hope this is right.
RD 8/23.

snowman5: I am originally from India - one cannot change history. However, America is my home now. Despite its shortcomings, I love this country, especially New York. I am not one of those people who live here only for the dollars but wish they were in India instead making the same salary. I have embraced the culture here and truly appreciate what this place has to offer. Most of my friends are Americans, I do not discriminate based on nationality but on how good a person they are. I do not try to cocoon myself into a mini-India here. This is the place that I love and where I want to be. This is not meant as a disrespect towards India or any other country. India has given me so much. The Indian govt paid for my education for which I am grateful and I try and give back. Your perception may differ from mine and I respect that but please do not try to label me in any way.

Anitha, thats a good counter reply for snowman5. Coming to Aug cases i was kind of frustated checking AVM and listening to the same old message "FP received and processing resumed". I made up my mind not to check AVM until Oct 15th 2002. Hope things turn around. Most Aug filers after Aug 21st RD have been approved and i dont know why i'm stucked.

VC123 and Vengan ...

I was just wondering why you switched from CP to 485(AOS)?
Didnt you know that CP would always be faster ?

I did the mistake(actually I didnt know the law that well those days) of not informing my attorney during filing of
I-140 that I would prefer CP and the idiot stated AOS during the I-140 stage. To make matters worse he would not even change from AOS to CP. Well, to put it in a nutshell it will be a year since I filed for I-485 pretty soon. I am sure had I opted for CP, I would have long been approved.

Anyways. The waiting game continues :)

Good Luck with your respective case

There is this popular theory ....

.... floating around that INS follows LIFO and thats the rationale for early in the month RD's getting approved late than those who filed later in the month. I hope thats not true though as my RD is 10/02 :)

Originally posted by sunny1976
Anitha, thats a good counter reply for snowman5. Coming to Aug cases i was kind of frustated checking AVM and listening to the same old message "FP received and processing resumed". I made up my mind not to check AVM until Oct 15th 2002. Hope things turn around. Most Aug filers after Aug 21st RD have been approved and i dont know why i'm stucked.