How long U can Stay outside US when using Advance parole??

sc137

Registered Users (C)
Dear Immigration gurus
My wife is planning to visit India and stay there for 2 months. Is there any limit on number of days one can stay outside USA, when using the Advance parole??
What are the documents besides Advance parole one has to show at the port of entries? What are the (typical) questions asked at port of entry.
Do one has to stand in non-immigrant line and fill up I-94 form or Do one has to stand in immigrant line.
Please advice.

Thank you
sc
MY wife has approved AP,EAD, 140 approved, 485 pending more than a year.

buzzhd said:
woops, untill it expires or before it expires?
------------- enter US BEFORE AP expires, better come to US 3-4 days advance of AP expiry date. some one from India missed flight last month and was unable to enter US. at POE show valid AP and before taking flight to US one need to show AP also to airline.

First EAD extension

Hello Ginnu,

Can you tell me what are the documents I need to send to USCIS for EAD & AP extension. Should I also send my recent paystubs and a letter from my employer?

Intrestingly, I filed my AC21 today with a new employer, with this new sutuation is there any extra document I need to for the EAD/AP extension?

Thanks in Advance !!

~Raj

rajbalu1 said:
Hello Ginnu,

Can you tell me what are the documents I need to send to USCIS for EAD & AP extension.
*** you should have posted in EAD AP thread

Should I also send my recent paystubs and a letter from my employer?
-no need
Intrestingly, I filed my AC21 today with a new employer, with this new sutuation is there any extra document I need to for the EAD/AP extension?
----------------no extra document

Thanks in Advance !!
for EAD:
Name:
A#:
DOB:
pending I-485#:
To,
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
XYZ Service Center
RE: Form I-765, for RENEWAL of Employment Authorization Document (EAD)

Dear Officer,

Please find enclosed the following documents for Employment Authorization Document (EAD) RENEWAL:

1. Fee Check of $...
2. Form I-765
3. Top portion that I got with previous EAD mailer
4. Copy of front/back of last EAD
5. Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice;
6. Two Photographs (New style standard passport-style photograph) in envelope with my Name, DOB and A# written at the back of photographs
7. Copy of I-140 approval notice
8. Copy of current valid I-94 front and back
9. Enlarged Color Copy of my driver’s license
10. Color copy of passport’s biographic page

I trust that the above and enclosures are sufficient for you to adjudicate the application. However, should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me n in this matter.

Very truly yours,

signature
Name
address
--------
For AP:

Name:
A#
DOB:
Pending I-485#:
To,
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
XYZ Service Center

RE: Form I-131, Application for Advance Parole Travel document based on pending I-485

Dear officer,

I have applied to adjust my status. While this application is pending for your approval, I have to travel to India in order to meet my parents.

Please find enclosed the following documents for the approval of Advance Parole:

1. Fee Check of $.....
2. Form I-131
3. Two Photographs (New style standard passport-style photograph) in envelope with my Name, DOB and A# written at the back of photographs
4. Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice
5. Copy of I-140 approval notice
6. Copy of current valid I-94 front and back
7. Copy of last approved Advance Parole document
8. Color Copy of driver’s license
9. Color copy of passport’s biographic page

*Explanation for Part 7 supplemental information of form I-131: I have been away from my parents and I would like to visit my parents in India.

**Part 1, Column 3, of form I-131 CLASS OF ADMISSION: MY I-485 is pending with XYZ service center to adjust my status and I entered USA last time on H1B or H4 or.....

I trust that the above and enclosures are sufficient for you to adjudicate the application. Please approve my Advance parole for multiple trips. However, should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Very truly yours,
signature
Name
address

Last edited by a moderator:
First EAD extension

Thanks a lot Ginnu !!

My employer has not given me the 140 approval notice :( Is there something else I can send to the USCIS as alternative?

rajbalu1 said:
Thanks a lot Ginnu !!

My employer has not given me the 140 approval notice :
----------not a problem, EAD is based on Pending I-485
( Is there something else I can send to the USCIS as alternative?