How long to get the actual card.

nair_ke

Registered Users (C)
My GC got approved and waiting for the physical card sice 50 days.
I have applied through Texas Service center..

Any body in the same boat?
How long do you think it might take to get the actual card?

on same boat! :rolleyes:
AD(12/19/06, 12/26/06 notice mailed), another FP(code 2, 1/2/07) and LUD(1/4/07). Stamp(1/17/07). I think I have to wait 90 days since 12/26/06 because notice said so in order to see local CIS.

Me too.

I got my approval notice and was approved on jan 30. Idid not get any bio-or green card. upsetting.

Pls keep posted anybody with us.

Thanks
kmol

Me too.

I am on the same boat, my case was approved on 1/17/07 after filing Writ of Mandamus. Still waiting for the card...The immigration office told me that the card manufactory is 3 to 6 months behind. :rolleyes: I am in Northern California.

My 485 was approved 4 days back by Texas office. The very next day they mailed the card to me. I have received it today.. I am very happy..

I can't wait to receive the actual card also. My online status just changed today saying "On March 26, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you." but when I had my passport stamped on the 16th of March, the office said I would receive the card in like 15 days, hmmm...

I can't wait to receive the actual card also. My online status just changed today saying "On March 26, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you." but when I had my passport stamped on the 16th of March, the office said I would receive the card in like 15 days, hmmm...

You should get it in a week! Make sure that you labeled your mailbox with your name properly (if applicable!)

HenryID, When you went to get your passport stamped (I-551) did your status online change? I thought you have to get the physical approval notice to get passport stamped?

My wife is expecting GC (Interview March 3 2007 - Des Moines). No Passport Stamp. Officer finished interview with no closing comments. After asking for the status, the interview officer told us GC is approved and we will get within 2-3 weeks.

EAD received last week. Status changed online for I765 (EAD).
No status change online for I-485.

Missouri Service Center (MSC)

Filed I-485 and I-765 US Citizen spouse
Priority Date Dec 28 2006
Receipt Notce 1/2/2007
FP Notice 1/4/2007
FP 1/19/2007
I485 Initial Interview notice 1/17/2007
Interview 3/6/2007. No Stamp.

I765 EAD
3/16/2007 card ordered
3/22/2007 approval notice sent
3/23/2007 EAD received

This is the fastest we have seen of any of her application move. I-130, K3 Visa took 6 mon. - 1 year.

The question is should we go get the passport stamped to get the I-485 status change or do we just wait??? I read in this forum that I have to have GC approval notice (paper copy) before stamping??? Pl. advise.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
HenryID, When you went to get your passport stamped (I-551) did your status online change? I thought you have to get the physical approval notice to get passport stamped?

My wife is expecting GC (Interview March 3 2007 - Des Moines). No Passport Stamp. Officer finished interview with no closing comments. After asking for the status, the interview officer told us GC is approved and we will get within 2-3 weeks.

EAD received last week. Status changed online for I765 (EAD).
No status change online for I-485.

Receipt Notce 1/2/2007
FP Notice 1/4/2007
FP 1/19/2007
Interview 3/6/2007. No Stamp.

I765 EAD
3/16/2007 card ordered
3/23/2007 EAD received

This is the fastest we have seen of any of her application move. I-130, K3 Visa took 6 mon. - 1 year.

The question is should we go get the passport stamped to get the I-485 status change or do we just wait??? I read in this forum that I have to have GC approval notice (paper copy) before stamping??? Pl. advise.

Thanks.

No I have not received the approval notice or welcome letter yet. I had my interview on March 2nd, but at the end the officer said I would be receiving a letter and didn't want to stamp my passport (because I was on H-1B and said my H-1B is still valid :eek: ).
Two weeks later (March 16) I took an Infopass to simply ask for the status of my case (because I had not received anything yet), but the officer took my passport, asked me if I needed to travel soon. I said "I might, but I'm not sure" because I knew he'd be more willing to stamp my passport if I needed to travel. Then he came back later and showed me that he stamped my passport for a year, and he also kept my I-94 and H-1B stubs. He said I'd be receiving the actual card in like 15 days.
My online status only changed on the March 22nd to show that the welcome notice has been mailed.

If I were you, I'd probably take an Infopass and tell them that the officer said your wife was approved, and ask for a stamp because she might need to travel. They should be willing to stamp her passport if she has been approved (even without the official notice) It's worth a try...

My case was approved on Jan 28th and the card was mailed to the wrong address (I did file the change of address). Finally it made it to my new address after almost 6 weeks. I went to the USCIS office in Los Angeles and they didnot stamp but within a week after that, i rec'd my GC.

Good Luck to all!

Infopass

HenryID,
Thanks for the tip. Will do the same. May be case status will move after stamping. Wonder how this online case staus gets really updated...

Receipt Notce 1/2/2007
FP Notice 1/4/2007
FP 1/19/2007
Interview 3/6/2007. No Stamp. Officer told verbally case is approved.
I-485 Case online status shows Case received and Pending at MSC since Feb. 21.

I765 EAD
3/16/2007 card ordered
3/23/2007 EAD received

I had interview on 15th March 2007 and my passport was stamped for 1 year validity. My marriage is fixed for 10 May 2007 but I haven't receved the approval notice or GC. Ofcause when officer stamped my passport he took my EAD back.

Can I travel to India and come back with the stamp on the passport without any issue? Or what should i do to get my card soon?

Please advice...

I had interview on 15th March 2007 and my passport was stamped for 1 year validity. My marriage is fixed for 10 May 2007 but I haven't receved the approval notice or GC. Ofcause when officer stamped my passport he took my EAD back.

Can I travel to India and come back with the stamp on the passport without any issue?
-------------- if you have valid stamp in passport you can enter US
Or
what should i do to get my card soon?
---may be
Please advice...

if you go with passport stamp then check with airline many countries need transit visa if you dont have the card

Hi guys,

Sounds like I am in the same boat as arizonasun and others.

My I-485 was approved on 4/9/07 and I just received the approval notice in the mail but no green card, also no CRIS emails regarding card ordered/card mailed, just one no-status-change LUD 4/10/07. My first and only ASC appointment was done 2/22/2007 and was Code 1 (regular FP only) and apparently CIS don't have the biometriscs to produce my card. Should I just wait for a new biometrics appointment notice (approval notice says wait 90 days) or should I just walk in at local ASC and try to get these done without an appt at all?

Arzionasun, could you please share how did you get your passposrt stamped - did you get a separate appointment notice for that or you just walked in at local ASC?

Thanks for your input in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got Code 2 BIO notice for 4/24 but I'll try to present at ASC earlier and see if I can get this done in advance. Should I ask them for passport stamp at the time of BIO or I will get a separate notice and appt for that? Or should I just get INFOPASS to get paspsort stamped?
Thanks!

I did my code 2 yesterday, had a LUD right away but no change of status, status still Approval Notice Sent. Any idea how long is it going to take to get the actual card in the mail? If I don't get it in a few weeks should I get an Infopass appointment to get passport stamped or should I wait for them to send me another notice? I plan to travel abroad around the end of June.
Thanks!

Current Status: Card Mailed

On April 23, 2007, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

Game Over!!!

My GC got approved and waiting for the physical card sice 50 days.
I have applied through Texas Service center..

Any body in the same boat?
How long do you think it might take to get the actual card?

Could you let me know your current status USCIS on on-line?

Has anyone experience of how long it takes to get physical GC if approved by the local office? Approval from St. Louis, Mo office 4/20 and still waiting for the physical GC.. family based ..does it come from the local office or from a service center ? Thanks