How long to get a receipt notice?

newjourney

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

How long does it take to get a receipt notice after the application (I-485) has arrived to the nebraska center. Thanks.

I got mine in about a week!
and today i got the approval on my GC application:) after only 6 months from receipt date!

good luck to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I mailed mine April 13, they got it April 14th and i got a receipt back on April 18

NYCANCER--too much luck my friend i got mine after 1year 2 months

Thanx,i know i'm very lucky.i never heard of anyone get their GC in 6 months!

I didn't do anything special other than pray to god and keep my fingers crossed!
good luck to everyone.

NYcancer,

When was your asylum approved and what month did you apply for your GC..

Hi,my asylum was approved on Feb 17th 2005,and i applied for GC in Jan 2nd 2007...and got my approval notice on Jul 6 2007:D.

It's like the fastest GC processing i ever heard of,thank god!
I was really lucky.

good luck to all.

Hi,my asylum was approved on Feb 17th 2005,and i applied for GC in Jan 2nd 2007...and got my approval notice on Jul 6 2007:D.

It's like the fastest GC processing i ever heard of,thank god!
I was really lucky.

good luck to all.

You applied for your green card a month and a half before your one year anniversary. That was not an issue with USCIS?

Ummm..i'm not following:confused: !i applied for my GC 23 months After i was granted my asylum!

I don't think USCIS would have any problem with that!

Nothing wrong here his one year anniversary is actually Fed 17th 2006 ..He is too lucky

No problems,my friend:) !

I know i'm soooo lucky,god i can't thank you enough:D !

I still can't believe it,and i'm kinda afraid it is an error and they sent my approval notice by mistake(i hope not).

Won't know for sure until i have my GC in hand..fingers crossed!

It has been two weeks and I haven't received the receipt yet! What can I do? It is not lost on the way as I have delivery confirmation. The check is not clear from the bank either. :mad: I called the 1 800 and I was told that it is not in the system and asked me to wait for two more weeks. Why???? Please help!!:confused:

Don't worry. My wife is in the same situation: the check is not clear yet and she doesn't receive any receipt.

I mailed it on Friday June 29th at noon. They received it on Monday July 2nd. The check was clear last night.