How long takes after fileing papers?

No Title

GJI,
   Sorry to bother you again and agian.Do you have any idea about mentioning the place we will be landing in canada?Is that very necessary to specify while applying or can we skip it?If its required which place might be considered more safe?

No Title

brother no place is safe on this planet so you may skip it or enter any province you feel like, I will recommend the heavenly province \'ef Ontario! you\'ll find more options in thy city\'ef Toronto.

No Title

Anil, i\'m still waiting for my first response from Consulate office. I applied on
05/15/01 and did\'nt recieve my case number yet. What you suggest??

No Title

you can call the Buffalo consulate and let them know that you haven\'t recd your file number. Hopefully you sent your file by certified mail and you have some confirmation that the Canadian consulate signed for your package on receipt if so I woudn\'t bother, it\'s a waiting game.
You can find phone no.s for the Buffalo consulate at http://www.canadianconsulatebug.org click welcome and staff directory.

No Title

Hey, don\'t worry. I actually mailed on April 25th and received the file number on June 30th. You should be receiving very soon. Be patient and Good luck.

No Title

Anil, Bhupender, Shirnik: While on H1 in the US, which category of canadian immigration is better or has more options to apply: Independent or Self-employed: which is better? Please advice. Thanks

No Title

Vijay, i personally feel indepentdent category should be
better, but not much to say on this. i would say this question
should go to Anil or Shirnik. Sorry i won\'t be much help
for you.

No Title

Anil,
I called Consulate office @ 1-800-992-7037 and asked to check the status of my
application by last/first name & D-O-B. but she could find any records of my application
in their computer. Although it\'s been just 7 weeks ever since i mailed my application,
but i\'m little worried here. The attendent asked me to wait for 2-3 weeks and check
my processing fee(foreign draft), wheter or not been encashed to check the status
of my application. She told me to check, if my processing fee has been encashed,
this could lead me to conclude already my application is under review otherwise
i may need to call them after 2-3 weeks.
Pl. guide what you think??

No Title

Bhupender, the best bet is to track your cashier\'s check that you mailed to the Canadian embassy, how did you mail your papers? did you not send it by certified mail or UPS? do you have any proof of reciept of the application from the embassy? more and more applications seem to be going through close scrutiny going by the fact that so many applicants are being called for personal interviews hence I won\'t be surprised if the processing time for residency applications have increased. If you have a proof of reciept of the application I will still go by the extended time each embassy is taking these days hence you might have to patiently wait, else after 4 to 8 more weeks I suggest you call the Canadian embassy and ask them as to how you should proceed.

No Title

Anil, i mailed my papers by certified/registered mail. And i did recieve back the reciept, which shows it\'s been delivered on 05/17/01. Next thing, i will check with my bank whether or not my
processing fee has been encashed by canadian consulate or not. That wiil give me some idea, where i stand. I agree with you, i should wait for 2-3 more weeks.

No Title

Anil! Finally I applied for Canadian PR and they recieved my application yesterday by FedEx. I did not sent PC. I will get finger prints done sometime next week as I cannot leave office during this week. Can I send this PC before getting file number or should wait for file number ?
Thanks

No Title

Anil/Shrinik,
i got informed by me bank that, my Landing fee(Foriegn-draft) been encashed on 05/24.
So i think it\'s just a matter of wait time for me to get file-no.

No Title

after you get the fingerprints, you gotta mail\'em to FBI, \'n the blokes out ther\' take 3 to 4 weeks to send it back to you. Send the PC after you get a file #