How long takes after fileing papers?

Bhupender Singh

Registered Users (C)
I just applied for Canadian PR at Bufallo on 11/05/2001. Can some body tell me, what are
the next steps and how long does it take Immigration-office to review the application and
come up with a decision. And how long whole process will take to get PR stamped, if it\'s
approved.

No Title

it will take about 3-4 weeks for a response, if you haven\'t sent
the police certificate, this is the time to take care of it.

once you get a positive response, your are supposed to send them the medical stuff(you will find details in the response) and the landing fee, it takes about 2-3 weeks for the final response thereafter.

No Title

Thanks Anil for your update.. Actually I\'ve already enclose Finger
print card(with FBI inquiry remarks) on it. Do I need to send it
again, once I get approval. Can you l. explain me little more
what are the subsequent steps after submitting the papers to
Canadian consulate. I\'ve finished almost all the formalities and
the required documents at the time of filing my application. So
my concern is, if anyother document you think is still required, pl.
let me know, so that i shall be ready, if requested by Consular.
Pl. reply back, since this help can be of immense value for me.
Thx Bhupender Saini

No Title

At this point all you need to do is wait for a response from the embassy, it should not take more than 8 weeks for a response,
they will mail you a set of medical examination papers, take an appointment at the nearest doc and get it done(all info will enclosed
in the response from the embassy), also there will be a request for
the landing fee some US $600, in case any of your docs were missing the embassy might request for the particular document again.

No Title

Thanks again!! Are there good chances of waiving interview, cause I heard now a days consulate is little more concerned about waiving interview for audit reasons. Pl.let me know, under what circumstances an interview can be waived or called?. Actually I\'m working on H-1 in US and filed my GC(I-140 stage), but there are good chances my company is going to announce a work force cut in different phases. So my worry is, can i get PR for Canada before Dec.2001, so that even if got laid off, I\'ve alternate ready for me. Bufallo Consulate has received my papers on 05/17/2001 only. Pl. let me know, what you think. I want to have Canadian PR for safety measures first, and may/will move to Canada, if i need to. Pl. write me detail, what you think about all this.

No Title

Bhupender, am sure you will get your PR before december see to that there is no delay in transmitting documents as \'n when requested, there is no way you can ask the embassy to waive the interview after the embassy calls you for an interview, hopefully you will not be called, when I submitted the application, I explicitly wrote to the embassy that considering my qualifications blah blah please waive my
interview requirements and luckily they did it for me.

Also assuming you are in your home nation now that you have finished all the procedures pretty much except for medical and landing fees, all that you would be required to do is present yourself at some consulate out there and you can work that out, tell them you are on vacation back home and would like the interview conducted in your home nation. Any ways worry about this when it comes to it...where there is a will there is way, what say?

No Title

Thanks anil...You are keeping my morale high. I\'m crossing fingers
now. And will be intouch with you, when & where required on subsequent
stages of my PR. And will keep asking you your help, once i hear
anything from Buffallo consulate over my case, if required. i hope you
don\'t mind and i really appericiate your help.

No Title

Hi,
  I am in US from last 4 years. I would like to apply to canadian immigration. I need to get Police Certificate before I apply. Can I directly go to any Police Station and ask for it.

Thanks

No Title

Yes, go to your local police station or court house. And ask them you want to
ve Fringer prints for Canadian Immigration. Only thing you need to pay $10 and
do your prints in front of officer. and in lieu of that they will give you finger print
card back to you, and then you need to mail that card along with $18 check or
money order(with PC-11 form) to FBI office. The address and all other details are
there in the Application form & Applicaton Kit(read it carefully). Wait for 3 weeks
from there. And in the mean time you can finish your application & other documents.
don\'t forget to notarise your exp./qualification/Travel & other documents. I can help you
with other questions uptil fileing the application time, as i\'m done with that and waiting
to hear from Consulate. i hope that\'s what you need at this point.

No Title

dear sir,
      take my honour. i think canad is world famous country.
i am interested for parmamnent immigrant to canada.i want immigrant
form and all rulls paper.
                                              yours sincerly,
                                              md.shahidul islam
                                           p.o.box-46702
                                            code.no-64018,
                                            fahaheel
                                            kuwait

No Title

Bhupender,
  Thank you very much. I have already filled up application form. Can i send the police certificate to canadian consulate after sending the application form.

No Title

yes you can, when you send any documents to the Canadian embassy always keep a covering letter with the unique identication number assigned to you, it\'s beside the bar code on the confirmation document sent by the canadian embassy, this number helps the guys at the embassy to tag your documents as and when recieved.

No Title

Thanks Anil,
  I am now all set. I am ready with all the paper work except Police clearance. I send this package and will send PC after recieving identification number.

Thanks all.

No Title

Anil,
  I am applying for canadian PR. I wanted to make sure that am attaching the right amount of fees. For myself and my file a total of $1000/-. Is that right ?

Thanks
irfani

No Title

Anil,
  Thanks for your help. I meant $CDN. Another question for you. My current employer gives detail exp. letter only after leaving the job. However they give employment verfication letter. Is that okey. This is the letter I have attached. Is that okay.
  Are you a canadian imm or watin ?