How long Name Check is Taking Now?

syriano

Registered Users (C)
I know that the FBI has addressed recently their Name check backlog and the process should be faster now but just wanted to get some input from folks who got their NC cleared recently on how long they were in that process.

Thanks in advance.

The majority of name checks come back with "no record" within a few days. Unless you have a criminal history or a name that matches a known criminal or terrorist, your name check is completed within a few days.

You can't check name status with FBI. You have to contact USCIS for name check status instead.

The majority of name checks come back with "no record" within a few days. Unless you have a criminal history or a name that matches a known criminal or terrorist, your name check is completed within a few days.

Is it really few days or few weeks to return "no record"? On some sites it says up to 72 hours but other publications say few weeks.

It's a few days according to FBI:

http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

That is consistent with my name check. Other can confirm as well.

First time I applied I received the IL 10 days after my FPs which means USCIS either did not run name check on me or the results came back quickly. Now for my second application I have been in name check process for about 2weeks.

Is name check done each time? I heard somewhere each officer manually picks 6 applications a day to be name checked?

In your case I'm assuming you have called USCIS to confirm if your NC had been competed?

First time I applied I received the IL 10 days after my FPs which means USCIS either did not run name check on me or the results came back quickly. Now for my second application I have been in name check process for about 2weeks.

Is name check done each time? I heard somewhere each officer manually picks 6 applications a day to be name checked?

In your case I'm assuming you have called USCIS to confirm if your NC had been competed?
Yes, I called USCIS and an IO confirmed the date the name check was initialized and returned..all within a week.

Hi everyone,

I had a name a check for my AOS back in 2006 that took 4 months, now I'm wondering when I'm eligible to apply for a citizenship, do they have to run a name check again and how long that will take?

Thanks in advance.:)

Hi everyone,

I had a name a check for my AOS back in 2006 that took 4 months, now I'm wondering when I'm eligible to apply for a citizenship, do they have to run a name check again and how long that will take?

Thanks in advance.:)

Yes, they have to run one for naturalization. Most name checks are done within a week.