How long it takes to get a visit visa to Canada

Cole

Registered Users (C)
I am going to Canada and need a canadian visa. Any body knows how long it takes to get a visa from a canada consulate?

If you go directly to consulate it is 2 to 3 hrs. Because i stay in Rochester We have consulate in Buffalo NY We go directly to consulate. Let me know where are you located?

New York city

you think I can get it within hours? But the instruction phoneline says it takes 2-3 weeks.

If you go to the Buffalo consulate it will take 2 to 3 hrs .I am getting it since last three years.I cross border at least once a month to go to Toronto where one of my relative stays.

1251 Avenue Of America, NY city.
Stand in the line in morning, they'll collect your passport,
forms, and fees and then will issue a visa in the afternoon.

Hi, parvardiga

Thank you so much. Just one more question: do they accept cash? (I am going tomorrow so I am not able to give them a money order).

Yes! They accept CASH.
You can take B,D,F, or Q trains and get down at 50th Street,
Rockfeller Center and follow the sign for 1251. Exact location is
between 49th and 50th Street and 6th Avenue.

SARS + Mad cow in Canada

COLE:

Don't go to Canada....SARS.....today 32nd death in Canada. On West coast too.....

Hi Tammy2,

What is the process while coming back from Canada, I mean at INS. What documents we need to carry to show INS at the border. Would you please share your experience with INS while coming back. Can we drive own car to Canada and come back with no hassle.

Thanks

back to USA

I would bring AP, 485 receipt, EAD, H-1 approval, my work ID card, driver license, even bank account statement...with me when I am back from Canada.