How long it takes for Welcome letter ???

Ranen

Registered Users (C)
Our POE was 02/09/03 at Chicago. My wife and daughter got Welcome letter on 02/21/2003 but I'm yet to get it. I will highly appreciate if anybody can throw some light on this...
cheers!!
Ranen

Today we received another copy of my wife's welcome letter !!
I'm confused now. Planning to call them tomorrow..
cheers!!
Ranen

Welcome letter

Ranen

My POE was chicago on FEB 08-03. I received a welcome letter on 19th for me and my wife. On the 21st I got one more welcome letter for me.
thanks
chella

Any response Ranen...... ?

Well does this Welcome letter comes with the plastic Card or will that come seperately.

My POE was at Chicago on March 2nd.

Thanks,

dineshgk,
Today my wife and daughter got the plastic card. The welcome letters came earlier.
I don't know what to do. It seems my wife's and kid's cards came before 4 weeks of our DOE(02/09/03).
I remember Bapa got it on 5th week.
Any information would be helpful.
cheers!!
Ranen

Hi,
Our DOE was 2/7/03.
We got the welcome letters on 2/27 and the cards on 3/3/03.

Thanks.

Our DOE was 2/17/03. We didnt get any letters/ card but we were able to apply for SSN. Our information (A number) was already in the database when we went to SS office last friday. So hopefully, we will get the cards soon...
-Raj

raj_cp,
We applied for our SSN after a week of POE. Got the SSN card after 3-4 days of application. But I'm yet to get my Plastic card while my wife and kid got theirs.
cheers!!
Ranen

Relax

It wasn't all that long ago that they didn't send any welcome letter at all, and waiting for your card to come was a 6-12+ month game. I waited 4-5 months for my card in 2000. The BCIS (INS) is certainly no agency to count on for dependability / predictability --- that's why most of us went the CP route instead.

RELAX. You have a stamp in your passport that is adequate proof of your status for a year, and surely your card (and letter) will in all likelihood arrive any day now. Calling the BCIS to check on your card's status is a total waste of time; they won't even entertain your inquiry about card status so soon, and even after 3 months they won't give you any reliabile information.

Surely there are better ways to expend all this energy / anxiety, like enjoying you and your family's new secure status.

Is there a number to call adn ask to confirm the address they would be mailing the Card to.... Or a number to call and request for change in address... Who needs to be contacted in this matter.

Thanks,

Re: Relax

Originally posted by GCDreamer2000
It wasn't all that long ago that they didn't send any welcome letter at all, and waiting for your card to come was a 6-12+ month game. I waited 4-5 months for my card in 2000. The BCIS (INS) is certainly no agency to count on for dependability / predictability --- that's why most of us went the CP route instead.

RELAX. You have a stamp in your passport that is adequate proof of your status for a year, and surely your card (and letter) will in all likelihood arrive any day now. Calling the BCIS to check on your card's status is a total waste of time; they won't even entertain your inquiry about card status so soon, and even after 3 months they won't give you any reliabile information.

Surely there are better ways to expend all this energy / anxiety, like enjoying you and your family's new secure status.

==============
Thanks a lot mann for sharing !!! Our company's attorney has mentioned the similar stuff. Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing !
cheers!!
Ranen

No friend, not yet. Hey, I talked to our attorney and she mentioned me to wait till mid-April before contacting INS. By the way, one fo my friends had the same situation and he got the card after 1 and 1/2 month of the receipt of his wife's and kid's one. So,I have decided to wait and enjoy the world cup- at least for the time being !!!
Thanks for enquiring , though !!!
cheers!!
Ranen

Hello Ranen,

Can you ask your Attorney as to which number we need to call and notify if we intend to move so that the card can be sent to the new address.

Thanks,

Chicago..

Hello Folks..
Since you all have been living in Chicago now since a while, I would like to know something.. How is chicago as a POE ? Any troubles there.. ? Also, how's the weather in Chicago and how's the city compared to other cities..

About me:
I'll be coming to chicago in a couple of months.. My case is F4 (Family 4 -- Immigrant) and it's here in Mumbai, India. I am waiting for my appt. next month and then to chicago in a few weeks. How long does it take to get the plastic card now ? 1 - 4 weeks, I guess! Since, I am immigrating on a family based visa, I don't have any confirmed employment in the USA. So a plastic card world matter much compared to a stamp in my passport when I search for a job...

I appreciate your responses.. thanx.. :) :) ;)